2024 gasser going up the Ike with 13K lb. 5th wheel

54 minutes ago, Pryme said:

I based my conclusion on the optimistic dyno on the fact I’ve seen a ton of dynos on 6.2 trucks and they don’t dyno as high as the 5star videos. That company is a bit shady from what I’ve read on power numbers. It looks good on paper for their customer base though. That’s all I’ll say on it. 

Yes, and I'm basing my conclusions on the fact that there can't be that much difference measured as drive drain loss (power at the wheel) in one truck vs the other. There is not a chance that the 7.3 is putting down the same HP and only 7 lb/ft of torque extra at the wheel.

You cannot compare any "at the wheel" dyno numbers from either truck unless both trucks are using the same gas from the same pump and tested at the same time/day at the same place on the same dyno. Anything is just picking whatever we want to see.

I watched another few reviews a few weeks back by a mechanic who tested both 7.3 and 6.6 (different days) but pulling the same trailer, and IIRC he made it quite clear the 7.3 felt noticeably stronger. I will try and find them back in the next few days.

TFL responds to the video take down at 20:00 min mark. Sounds like they tried to be cool with it, but here some of you are with the pitch forks before hearing both sides. Typical.

I bought an Ike Gauntlet hoodie a few years back. I like the channel and wanted to support it. It's no different than Disney or Nintendo trying to protect their IP and if Romans story is to be believed, they did it in a lot cooler way than the big corps of this world would have.

But, yeah, F them for going after some rando copy cat trying to make money just like them right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Epsilon Plus said:

TFL responds to the video take down at 20:00 min mark. Sounds like they tried to be cool with it, but here some of you are with the pitch forks before hearing both sides. Typical.

I bought an Ike Gauntlet hoodie a few years back. I like the channel and wanted to support it. It's no different than Disney or Nintendo trying to protect their IP and if Romans story is to be believed, they did it in a lot cooler way than the big corps of this world would have.

But, yeah, F them for going after some rando copy cat trying to make money just like them right?

Except its just Roman being Roman making excuses. Did they leave a comment in his YT channel asking him to contact them? Something like "please refrain from using 'ike gauntlet' as that phrase is copyright by TFL, contact [email protected] for more information".

They most certainly got the videos taken down. That's what YT does when you complain to them. No, Roman doesn't actually flip a switch anywhere and make his video go poof, but YT does that when you go through the process of bitching about copyright.

On 6/8/2023 at 5:18 PM, Epsilon Plus said:

I do see where you are coming from and you make a great point.  BUT....and here's where I have a problem with them and that is they copyright a saying like the Ike Gauntlet.....I call my truck the beast, black beauty, should I copyright that and tell everyone that if they call their black truck any of those names to stop it?  To me it's just ridiculous.  I just did a quick google search on your username here on this site.  I'm not sure if any of them copyrighted that name, but you are guilty of using a screen name that represents quite a few companies out there.  Would it be unfair if they contacted you and told you that you can't use that screen name anymore?

6 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

I do see where you are coming from and you make a great point.  BUT....and here's where I have a problem with them and that is they copyright a saying like the Ike Gauntlet.....I call my truck the beast, black beauty, should I copyright that and tell everyone that if they call their black truck any of those names to stop it?  To me it's just ridiculous.  I just did a quick google search on your username here on this site.  I'm not sure if any of them copyrighted that name, but you are guilty of using a screen name that represents quite a few companies out there.  Would it be unfair if they contacted you and told you that you can't use that screen name anymore?

It’s a trademark, not copyright. And no, you wouldn’t just be able to register a trademark for beast, black beauty, etc. because yours is a non-commercial use. Same thing with the screen name, not trademark eligible because it’s a non-commercial use. Trademarks provide protection against words and phrases that have become associated with a commercial provider of a good or service. 

The Ike gauntlet trademark is registered for the purpose of providing online information and reviews relating to motor vehicles. This guy used it in his videos for that exact purpose to generate revenue from his video series. So he was legally in the wrong here. Now whether the court of public opinion feels the same was is a different story….

https://trademarks.justia.com/869/59/ike-86959673.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2023 at 7:09 AM, Ry Guy said:

It’s a trademark, not copyright. And no, you wouldn’t just be able to register a trademark for beast, black beauty, etc. because yours is a non-commercial use. Same thing with the screen name, not trademark eligible because it’s a non-commercial use. Trademarks provide protection against words and phrases that have become associated with a commercial provider of a good or service. 

The Ike gauntlet trademark is registered for the purpose of providing online information and reviews relating to motor vehicles. This guy used it in his videos for that exact purpose to generate revenue from his video series. So he was legally in the wrong here. Now whether the court of public opinion feels the same was is a different story….

You are absolutely right sir.  Thank you for your response.  I really appreciate it and how you educated me.  I always love learning and being educated.

On 6/10/2023 at 7:09 AM, Ry Guy said:

So let me educate you sir