High Mileage Club

Hey All,

I was drivin' a long yesterday and noticed my odometer roll over 165k miles. Current mileage is 166678. I got a 94' Silverado, so that puts me at 16667.8 miles a year. Yearly mileage sounds pretty average, but 166 is a lot. What kinda longevity should I expect with a very well taken care of TBI 4.3L? Quarter million?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect 200K at least...that is if you take care of it. I've got 120K on my 01 Tahoe...that's almost 40 per year. I'm hoping to get around 225K out of my Tahoe before updating.

Hoping by then I can get a 2500 Suburban with DMAX/Allison. Now THAT would be one fine vehicle for towing with the family!

My dad's 1984 GMC High Sierra with the original 305 just turned over 390K miles. He's had the tranny rebuilt about a year ago, and overhauled the engine at 275K miles. Even though you can look from one side of the bed and see out the other, it's been reliable. Next time the engine needs rebuilding he's going to put a GM crate 350 in it. That'll probably be around 500K miles. :crackup: Chris

Archived