High Mileage Club

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey All,

I was drivin' a long yesterday and noticed my odometer roll over 165k miles. Current mileage is 166678. I got a 94' Silverado, so that puts me at 16667.8 miles a year. Yearly mileage sounds pretty average, but 166 is a lot. What kinda longevity should I expect with a very well taken care of TBI 4.3L? Quarter million?

I am driving a 1998 WT with 985000 on it and the engine has not been touched, haven't even had a valve cover off of it. So you can surely get well over 250000 out of yours.

The old 1998 WT will have over one million on it today 11/26/2010

Big Miles, I did not read the whole thread but I just have to know, how much and what kind of maintenance has it taken for your truck to get that kind of mileage? That is incredible.

Hey All,

I was drivin' a long yesterday and noticed my odometer roll over 165k miles. Current mileage is 166678. I got a 94' Silverado, so that puts me at 16667.8 miles a year. Yearly mileage sounds pretty average, but 166 is a lot. What kinda longevity should I expect with a very well taken care of TBI 4.3L? Quarter million?

I am driving a 1998 WT with 985000 on it and the engine has not been touched, haven't even had a valve cover off of it. So you can surely get well over 250000 out of yours.

228k on my 99 new body style Z71. Still runs like a champ! I bought it in April 2009 with 211k on it for $4500. It had a few issues when I bought it but now everything works perfectly!

New fuel pump, knock sensors, water pump, window regulator, odometer cluster fixed, 4wd selector switch, fuel pressure regulator all within the last year and a half.

I rolled over 184k tonight...... It will still bark 1, 2, and chirp 3rd..... Engine and Transmission have never left the frame rails or mounts..... Only gaskets changed oil cooler block off plate....... Seal changed rear transmission........ knock on wood.... Doesn't burn oil or leak...... Engine holds 40 psi on idle and 60 off idle......

Jbo

I got a 1990 GMC Sierra SLE C1500 5.7L 350 TBI its at 275,568 original everything.Just got done pulling 2500 pound boat from ny to arizona.Didnt burn a drop of oil but started leaking from the rear main.Try never letted me down a for it being two wheel drive it has made threw some amount of snow

Hey All,

please tell me you took a pic. Thats awesome!!

Archived