High Mileage Club

New to the forum here, just picked up my GM truck, its a 00 Denali 5.7 Vortec with 149870 right now and seems to be running fine, original motor and tranny. Hopefully it lasts as long as some of these numbers im seeing for the 5.3's! Anyone know of any denali's with the 5.7 makin it that high? Worthy mentions although are not trucks, I had a 98 Z28 I bought back in 02 with 36k, I beat the sh*t out of that car and after the 3rd trans and lots of nirtous amd time at the drag strip and the street I finally sold it at 184K still running like a top. Mobil 1 and Royal Purple FTW!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New here. I have a 99 Silverado 2500 with 254986 miles on it, and is still in top condition. I pull a 28' fifth wheel camper with it and would think nothing of heading across the country with it right now. It survived ten years as a construction vehicle, and in it's retirement when it is not pulling the camper it is the grocery getter. It has all the original running gear. The 6.0 is as quiet and strong as new.

My 2001 z-71 5.3l has 341,796 mi. Original engine and trany. Runs great. 3rd water pump, I made a hatch in the bed to replace fuel pumps. I've run full syn oil since my third oil change. I do them myself,that way you have to look around under there. I regularly 4wd low very rough slow trails. I pull trailers. This truck blows my mind. Low oil presure at idle when cold, but after warm it's fine. I am lining up a low milage engine-trany change out. I got my eye on 400k though. Other misc wear parts replaced. Expect to rebuild trasfercase someday. Some of you guys have just got yours broken in. Where's that small block diesel? Oh yeah the main leaks clean oil, who cares? (1/2 qt per change, only change oil when the sign says so).

My 2001 z-71 5.3l has 341,796 mi. Original engine and trany. Runs great. 3rd water pump, I made a hatch in the bed to replace fuel pumps. I've run full syn oil since my third oil change. I do them myself,that way you have to look around under there. I regularly 4wd low very rough slow trails. I pull trailers. This truck blows my mind. Low oil presure at idle when cold, but after warm it's fine. I am lining up a low milage engine-trany change out. I got my eye on 400k though. Other misc wear parts replaced. Expect to rebuild trasfercase someday. Some of you guys have just got yours broken in. Where's that small block diesel? Oh yeah the main leaks clean oil, who cares? (1/2 qt per change, only change oil when the sign says so).
Nice! can we get some pics?

• 4 months later...

I bought my 93 Z71 about 4 months ago for 1500 bucks off craigslist...it had 244k on it at the time and i rolled it over 250k two days ago...its got some minor suspension issues but as far as the engine and transmission go...runs like a champ

I have 351,000 on my 1993 GMC and the engine is still running very well. Below is a picture of me trying to catch it rolling over to 350,000. LOL I watched it for days and then ended up on a phone call while heading to work and missed it. Go figure.

post-95072-1307064396_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

2003 Tahoe 5.3 with a little over 187,000 miles. I drive it daily to work and she still runs like new and still looks good too. It doesn't use/burn/drip oil either. I've thought about selling it before something finally breaks but it drives so well I just can't do it. My pickup is about a year old and has less than 5k miles because I just jump in the Tahoe. Although I have started to drive the pickup more on weekends here lately.

700 miles and she's at 200,000 miles!

Nice :lol: are ya doin anything special for its 200k mile mark? mines getting a full tune up at 300k

Probably a really good cleaning and wax other than that im going to keep driving it like i've always driven it! I accidentally shifted it into reverse today while moving 20 mph and the tires squealed but other than that its still going good!

just out of curiosity what are all your guy's driving habits? do you just hop in and go? let it run a bit? drive slow? or balls to the wall?

as far as i can tell these trucks are tough and nails, i know GM trucks that get beat down everyday with no problems...i often wonder how many folks with other brands fair up on miles

Archived