High Mileage Club

I had a 99 2500 6.0 L that made about 215,000 before a friend talked me out of it. It's still running fine with him. I imagine it has around 230,000 now. Never used oil nor did the lifters give any clatter. I ran Mobil 1 from the first change

My 08 has a little over 70,000 now. No problems so far. I put Mobil 1 in it from the first change. With the new oils and fuel injection to reduce fuel washing the cylinder walls of oil and diluting the oil, not to mention some tweaks in the alloys for engine parts, these engines are truly amazing compared to a 70s or 80's smallblock. I expect to see many of you guys hit half a million miles with these latest (07 and up) trucks that specify the latest oils.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just out of curiosity what are all your guy's driving habits? do you just hop in and go? let it run a bit? drive slow? or balls to the wall?

as far as i can tell these trucks are tough and nails, i know GM trucks that get beat down everyday with no problems...i often wonder how many folks with other brands fair up on miles

Summer i crank it up give about 5 seconds and im gone, when its cold in the winter i'll crank it up and give the motor a couple minutes to warm up. Other than that i just drive like your average college kid :lol:

just out of curiosity what are all your guy's driving habits? do you just hop in and go? let it run a bit? drive slow? or balls to the wall?

as far as i can tell these trucks are tough and nails, i know GM trucks that get beat down everyday with no problems...i often wonder how many folks with other brands fair up on miles

Summer i crank it up give about 5 seconds and im gone, when its cold in the winter i'll crank it up and give the motor a couple minutes to warm up. Other than that i just drive like your average college kid :P

same here i always give it a minute or two to warm up except in winter i give it about 5-10. driving depends on how much gas money i have at the time. it could be hammer on it or drive like grandma :jester: . either way it does fine

• 1 month later...

My truck is a 99 with a 5.3 and I have 203,000 on it. The only things I have had to do are fairly common asside from new heads and and intake manifold seal. Outside of that the tech that looked at my pickup said it should be good for 300,000 if I keep up on the regular maitinance. Knock on Wood.

new heads were put on at 197,000.

My s10 hit 300 000k before it came off the road and I got my Sierra. It still runs like new, only ever put regular maintenance into it. Barely gets driven these days. Sierras got 162k. A friend of mine just rolled over 300k in his 99 silvy 4.8 4x4 and has never had any issues, only regular maintenance.

I think i posted on this so an update, Father in laws 08 is pushing 190K, rear shelled at 99,8 something so warranty covered it. ( he had one tire on the shoulder of the road with a 20' flatbed loaded and punched it to get back on the highway and reeked havoic on the G80)

My great uncle has a 89 1500 RCLB 4WD with 320K and all its had is a water pump and an alternator, original engine/tranny.

• 1 month later...

Archived