High Mileage Club

I have a 2000 Tahoe with 171k on it now. It still runs great, but the rear main is starting to leak. I finally bit the bullet and picked up a used 2010 Sierra with 15k on it about 3 weeks ago.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 03 silverado with 115000 miles. Bought it with 45000 on it. Not giving this truck away. I love it too much. Been keeping up with all the regular maintenance since I bought it. Still runs great! No major repairs on anything, just a couple minor things. Hoping to get at least 200000 out of original tranny and engine. Would be happy as s*** to get 300000!

• 2 months later...

thought id revive this with an update. was driving home today and noticed the truck had just rolled over 293,000 miles. shes still running strong but needs new knock sensors and the four wheel drive just doesnt seem to have what it used to anymore. got stuck in some gumbo mud the other day and could barely get the front tires to turn. other than that no problems

• 3 months later...

On my 02 Silverado I got 317,000 miles on it... Swapped in a motor with 100k on it at 308k, had a tranny rebuild at the same time, this is my 3rd transmission now. Not a ton of rust but the usual places such as over the wheel wells. LM7 (5.3L) motor, 4L60E transmission...

• 3 years later...

I had 167,000 miles on my '90 (4.3) when I got rid of it. Worst thing I ever had to do was put a (used) power steering pump pulley on it as it cracked and fell off (they're pressed on not bolted). No probs with 700R4 transmission ever. Plowed lots of snow with it. Loved that truck. Only sold it because of the body rust and thought it was the right time to get what I could for it before the rust got any worse.

my avatar is outdated..

348000 today.

I would not believe it is original engine, but anything is possible.

no consumption but gas, throttle romping is a surprise.

"little" 5 liter v8.

Found it had a blown cel light the other day, and one of the four o2 sensor that is not important to runtime has had a code for probably a long time. :)

going to replace it this week. Y-pipe looks quite young, must have had a good previous owner, all factory.

Its up on blocks floored...but I keep running out of fuel.... :bs:

Drive, Drive, Drive... Haul new campers out of factories across the country with the truck.

2001 Sierra 2wd SL Longbed with 5.3L(350c.i.), 320,000 +.

I bought it with 147,000 on it 5 years or so ago. Supposedly had a new tranny put in. It was a fleet truck for a tractor company salesman and had mostly highway miles. Original motor. I've only done miscellaneous repairs and most of those were all within a year of buiyng it.

I pulled a 17' Bass Tracker for a few years before moving to the desert. It's a work truck for me and I still do lots of highway, too.

Can't say enough good things about it. Super tough vehicle. And, I used to be a Ford guy!

Hoping to hit the half million mark! bwwaaahhaaaahaa!!!

Its up on blocks floored...but I keep running out of fuel.... :bs:

Drive, Drive, Drive... Haul new campers out of factories across the country with the truck.

Do you get paid per mile, or per trip? I'm assuming it's worth your while, but are you happy with what you make doing it?

Archived