High Mileage Club

Paid loaded mile. Get a check weekly for trailers delivered two weeks early. Its more enjoyable when trailers are parked everywhere waiting to be moved. This year going a week or two between loads I just break a profit.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my 99 z71 is currently at 287,458 miles. its at the stage now where most things need redone because most of them are original lol. gotta love careless previous owners, and ohio winters

my pops has a 02 chev Avalanche with 287k on the truck w/ the 5.3 runs like a top, but it still drive like a doofy doof and he has 1998 Chevy Suburban with over 300k we all learned how to drive on and drove thru high school now I'm turning 30 and the burban is being kept for a hunting truck as it has been for years when my step mom decided she wanted a yota and he's dumping the avalanche for a h2 Midlife crisis idk?????? i love my sierra bought it 5 years ago with 90k it just rolled to 159k yesterday still drives like new.

• 1 year later...

325k miles needed new water pump, windshield, and alternator since original purchase, but everything still seems great idk why it still runs like new just the regular maintenance done, 5.3 2005 silverado 1500 usually 180 miles a day 5 days a week and once every two months to Colorado (600 miles) and everything's original on the truck no tranny repairs, or engine problems, I do take it in before each Colorado trip but no problems ever found

When I had my 83 GMC S-15, I had 350,000 on it before I had to pull the engine.

Not because it was shot, it was because the 2.8 V6 used a rope seal for the rear main and it was leaking.

It got to the point of leaking a quart every 30 miles.

I duct taped a tarp in my garage on the floor, and would use the elec. door opener to open the garage while I stayed in the street, and then made a bee line into the garage to park it on the tarp. The bottom of that truck would never rust with all the oil underneath it.

After replacing the engine, a friend came over with his micrometers and we measured the journals, cam and other parts of the engine, and they were all within factory specs.

If you take care of it, it can go a long way.

• 3 months later...

205,000 on my 2007 LTZ 6.0 Max, still tight and strong! Plan on a new engine and trany if ever needed. If you buy them 100,000 mile warranty from dealership for around 12k. Pretty cheap new truck, if you like your truck!

My '94 S-10 ZR2 had 225k on it when I sold it. Outside of routine maintenance the only thing done was a water pump. Still went done the road with a solid 60psi oil pressure and idled with just over 40. Current truck is an 01 Silverado 1500 with a 4.8l. Oil pressure is about 55psi driving and 40 at idle. 192k and climbing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Archived