2020 3.0 Duramax Oil Pump belt due soon - any experiences?

On 11/7/2023 at 4:51 PM, SC4R3C120W said:

always a plethora of knowledge. 

Since i had trans fluid and filter replaced at 100k, i should at least wait to 150k or 200 to have this performed as i'll have to change it or add to it again. I'm only 2WD, so less hours and hopefully less cost. i just like being proactive with maintenance as i drive 30k miles a year lately and need/want this to be dependable. Still love this truck as it has a 3" lift, aftermarket true 33" tires, and still gets me 28 - 33mpg constantly going to work and back (and thats for the life of the truck, not just one or 2 fill ups). 

What trouble with the after treatment have you had? Warranty or not warranty?

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2023 at 6:02 PM, Mshawn said:

What trouble with the after treatment have you had? Warranty or not warranty?

Everything on my truck is out of warranty now. Had to pay for a brand new transimssion, so while they were there i had the belt done to save money. Only charged $1500 instead of the recommended $4000 if done alone. Now i should be good trans wise to 200,000miles and belt wise to 250-300,000 

On 11/9/2023 at 9:52 PM, Bikerjon said:

Very sorry to hear. Let us know how this works out. I have heard about transmission pump idler gear and bearing failures in the earlier 10 speeds. 

don't know what exactly went out, but i heard high pitch noises while idling, then on my way to the dealer to drop it off, there was a huge clunk, only once, and 3rd gear slipped on me a few times. it was a 60mile/2hour drive from work and lucky i didn't break down before i got there

12 hours ago, Bikerjon said:

If you don't mind me asking. How much was the trans. replacement?

$7k and took me almost 2 months. Transmissions were not available, so dealer gave me one of their loaner cars on the house. I had a new 2023 Z71 with a 5.3 and a 10-speed. Drove smooth and loved the new dash, but couldn't get more than 21mpg, when my truck has never gotten less than 28. I had to fill up twice a week to get to work, not once.