In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Anybody have the Duramax 3.0 in a 2024 Tahoe/Yukon?

So surly those out there with the 3.0 liter Duramax is happy with the fuel mileage, however what about thoughts of the rubber drive belt for the engine oil pump? Got ya scared?

Is it still the LM2 or the upgraded LZ0? I don't have access to a built sheet yet.

Still tire kicking!

Don't have a 24, but a 23 Tahoe with the 3.0l. The LZ0 won't be in the SUVs until the 25 model year.

This is my 2nd 3.0l diesel (1st was a 21 Silverado) and no worries about the belt. The recommended change for the belt is now 200K.

As for fuel mileage the Tahoe gets between 20 and 28 MPG depending on highway vs city and how you drive it.

Edited by Jay P

And what about engine oil?  0W20 Dexos "D" available for aftermarket or big box stores and affordable prices. Or is a dealer item?

I guess you rely on the dealer for service still on your tahoe, it's a really new unit?

Plus did you ever change the fuel filter yourself on your 2021 LM2? Any issues there?

AutoZone stores near me carry the Mobil 1 Dexos D oil. The factory oil is made by Mobil. I haven't changed the oil on the Tahoe yet but did several times on my 21 Silverado. The fuel filter is easy to change. FWIW the fuel filter assembly is the same one used on the 6.6l L5P trucks so the filter is easy to find. Don't buy fuel filters on Amazon, even when they say it's a GM/AC Delco filter it more likely a cheap knock-off.

https://www.gmdexos.com/brands/dexosd/index.html

Edited by Jay P

I had a 3.0 ordered.. then went 5.3

i have had a lot of oil burners.. the last one I had to pull a head to change a ceramic glow plug.. too much carbon on it get it out without breaking it. I just think it’s too much. All the belts and chains in the 3.0 are on the back of the engine. The fuel filter changes, DEF.. and fuel four bucks a gallon. I see no way it will cheaper than a 5.3

We had a 2022 Tahoe with the 3.0 Duramax. It was a great vehicle; I believe the lifetime mileage was north of 25 MPG. Unfortunately, it got totaled at 38,000 miles. We just picked up a 2024 Tahoe with the 3.0 on Saturday. Hopefully, this one treats us just as well. No worries about the oil pump belt, and I believe the recommended service was increased as Jay P mentioned.

I've only found the Dexos D oil at Autozone near me. I did find this kit on Amazon, which includes the filter. https://a.co/d/eDLOjuG

You see I got a problem just thinking about a rubber belt that operates in an engine oil splash environment.

I worked on Detroit Diesels for 15 years and beyond. When Benz took them over I saw them do some crazy changes.....but never a rubber belt, an important one, run where there's engine oil splash!

So I'm showing interest in a 2024 "LS" Tahoe. While it is equipped with a trailer towing receiver and 7 pin lighting/control plug, the unit does not have the optional trailering "max" package.

Therefore it does not sport the factory installed integrated on-dash trailering controls.

I've had great luck with the aftermarket "Tekonsha" line of aftermarket trailer towing control devises.

To use something like "P3" dash mounted controller, past positive experience on older (2014 and up) GM pick up truck line has found the need for the GM supplied adapter harness P/N 23184088.

Anybody out there have intel on this aftermarket configuration on the Tahoe line, and particularly the 2024 model year?

Took the base unit for a test drive today. Incredible is the ride and really, the 3.0 is indeed a quiet runner.

On the way back I got my sales guy to drive and I sat in the back. As crazy as it may be, I said a couple of times "no wonder the cops like these things".

There's nothing wrong with "base", if one is into that.