Refresh infotainment on 24 SLT - Dealer wants to replace it with less than 1K miles

I have a new 24 SLT. In the first week of ownership, with less than 150 miles, it was about 5 degrees one morning. Upon startup and for the first 5 minutes or so, the touch screen jumped around and flickered so quickly that couldn't make out the buttons. I tried interacting with it but couldn't and it eventually stopped as things warmed up. 

I had to take the truck in for a CEL at 180 miles (NOX Sensor), and mentioned it but said it wasn't a priority. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and my GPS quit working on the middle of a road trip. It just stopped in the middle of where I was located at the time and went to "searching for signal" or something similar.  That persisted through several drive cycles and overnight until I did a reset by holding down the end call button for 15 seconds while in park. 

Right before I did the reset, the dealer actually called me to tell me several items had arrived for me:

• NOX Sensor (I guess they forgot they replaced it already)
  • Screen - SA indicated it was based off what I told them about the flickering
  • Misc interior trim pieces that were not properly attached that I noted upon delivery 

Soo.. that's a lot of text for me to get to the actual question:

Are the symptoms I described above just normal with these Android based head units in the refreshes? Something to live with until hopefully improved firmware or an actual new part number? I'm hesitant to have them rip out the whole thing and replace it if the new hardware will behave identically due to hardware/software bugs, mainly because I know dashboards are notoriously hard to get back together with factory tolerances. 

On the other hand, every item they have to fix now goes into a history that may have to be used to invoke a lemon law if my issues persist. I sure hope they don't, because I really like the truck, but I had the NOX/CEL at 150miles (took it in at 180), and the couple HU issues already within the first 700 miles.ac

41 minutes ago, DubVBenz said:

I have a new 24 SLT. In the first week of ownership, with less than 150 miles, it was about 5 degrees one morning. Upon startup and for the first 5 minutes or so, the touch screen jumped around and flickered so quickly that couldn't make out the buttons. I tried interacting with it but couldn't and it eventually stopped as things warmed up. 

I had to take the truck in for a CEL at 180 miles (NOX Sensor), and mentioned it but said it wasn't a priority. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and my GPS quit working on the middle of a road trip. It just stopped in the middle of where I was located at the time and went to "searching for signal" or something similar.  That persisted through several drive cycles and overnight until I did a reset by holding down the end call button for 15 seconds while in park. 

Right before I did the reset, the dealer actually called me to tell me several items had arrived for me:

• NOX Sensor (I guess they forgot they replaced it already)
  • Screen - SA indicated it was based off what I told them about the flickering
  • Misc interior trim pieces that were not properly attached that I noted upon delivery 

Soo.. that's a lot of text for me to get to the actual question:

Are the symptoms I described above just normal with these Android based head units in the refreshes? Something to live with until hopefully improved firmware or an actual new part number? I'm hesitant to have them rip out the whole thing and replace it if the new hardware will behave identically due to hardware/software bugs, mainly because I know dashboards are notoriously hard to get back together with factory tolerances. 

On the other hand, every item they have to fix now goes into a history that may have to be used to invoke a lemon law if my issues persist. I sure hope they don't, because I really like the truck, but I had the NOX/CEL at 150miles (took it in at 180), and the couple HU issues already within the first 700 miles.ac

So have you had the issue since you did a complete reset?

I had a couple of flakey issues with my 2023 HC but a reset cleared them up and has been working perfect since. 

Almost 12-months in now and working perfect....