2024 Chevrolet 1500 3.0 Liter Diesel

16 hours ago, DubVBenz said:

The only two speed transfer case solution with max trailering is Z71 on the High Country. So you almost confirmed my point, but are wrong about the Denali option, at least on the refreshes. 

Its just the transfer case, not Z71.  Can't combine NHT max trailer and Z71 suspension.  Its either or.  Been this way since 2010 when NHT came out on the 6.2 trucks back then.  You could order a 6.2 with Z71 or you could order with 4x4 and NHT but you could not combine Z71 and NHT because of the shocks/spring rates.    

I did forget that you can't get NHT or X31 on Denali.

From the 2023 and 2024 order guide:

Chevy

z71.thumb.png.097fa6884e3c6ce56aa8c732b012bb1b.png 

gmz.thumb.png.6ea176f9597f7ad57a3eac46de4c6b78.png

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

NewDude and others .

I have read over the charts , am I getting it all probably not , my apologies with that . 

So can you tell me if we decide to go with the 1500 Silverado 3.0 Diesel 6.5 bed length and MAX Trailer package what trim do I need to look at  . This I think will be my last post in this thread as I think the wife has said go with the 2500 HD 6.6 gas engine . But that fuel milage with the diesel  sure is impressive 

If possible could someone post a chart with the Chevrolet 1500 Trim Levels showing all trailering information specs including  GCVWR 

Thank you !

Sorry for being a pain in the a###

Edited by BCGM

7 hours ago, BCGM said:

NewDude and others .

I have read over the charts , am I getting it all probably not , my apologies with that . 

So can you tell me if we decide to go with the 1500 Silverado 3.0 Diesel 6.5 bed length and MAX Trailer package what trim do I need to look at  . This I think will be my last post in this thread as I think the wife has said go with the 2500 HD 6.6 gas engine . But that fuel milage with the diesel  sure is impressive 

If possible could someone post a chart with the Chevrolet 1500 Trim Levels showing all trailering information specs including  GCVWR 

Thank you !

Sorry for being a pain in the a###

Well...

IF you can find one on a lot, it will be on LT, RST, LTZ and High Country trim levels in Chevrolet, SLE and SLT in Denali.  If payload is important and you really still want the 3.0, the lower trims will offer better payloads and actually the crew cab 5ft8in typically payload higher as well.  Still, its not going to be past 1600lbs by much for a 4x4 3.0 max trailer of any configuration due to engine weight and emissions equipment (heavier exhaust, DEF tank).

Also, you won't be able to order one as its no longer available to order with the diesel for the rest of the 2024 model year at the moment.  You can order a 3.0 but you won't be able to order with max trailer and the 3.0.

I would also add, what are your typical driving needs and towing needs?  Small trailer?  Massive camper?  Short trip daily driving?  

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Well...

IF you can find one on a lot, it will be on LT, RST, LTZ and High Country trim levels in Chevrolet, SLE and SLT in Denali.  If payload is important and you really still want the 3.0, the lower trims will offer better payloads and actually the crew cab 5ft8in typically payload higher as well.  Still, its not going to be past 1600lbs by much for a 4x4 3.0 max trailer of any configuration due to engine weight and emissions equipment (heavier exhaust, DEF tank).

Also, you won't be able to order one as its no longer available to order with the diesel for the rest of the 2024 model year at the moment.  You can order a 3.0 but you won't be able to order with max trailer and the 3.0.

I would also add, what are your typical driving needs and towing needs?  Small trailer?  Massive camper?  Short trip daily driving?  

NewDude Thank you for your reply ! As your more than aware of my many threads concerning the 2500 HD I thought I would just pose a few questions regarding the Silverado 1500 or GM 1500 with the 3.0 Diesel . As stated  in my first post in this thread one of my friends has mentioned to look into the above . I would not want any of the gas options with a 1500 due to the active fuel management and I believe the start stop fuel saver . So it would be the diesel in a 1500 . We don't have a trailer yet but I would expect something along the 23 foot length . We would be using it as much as we could once my wife retires in year not every weekend though . The 2500 HD is quite a larger truck than a 1500  so she might be a bit put off by the size . She' going to have to drive both  and feel them out . Also considering the short box I would like the option to be able to stretch out in the back and sleep if I'm going solo on tent trip .