Tried to remove Antenna.. MotherF#$%#$

I simply tried to unscrew my antenna to see if I can cut it down some.. It keeps hitting the garage door.. I wanted to make it an 18" er..

As I unthreaded it with an adjustable wrench..... It freaking snapped the theaded shaft right off. :cheers:

Now I have to either drill out that stud... Or replace the entire antenna assembly...

Please tell me its easy to replace it...If I have to go that far...

They aren't that bad but do require alot of patience. May I suggest a auto retract antenna that willl retract the antenna whenthe radi shuts off. BTW Good Luck.

Looks like I am not going to have a good time... :cheers:

Crap! I hate when a simple project turns to a nightmare...

Just an idea, Craftsman makes a set of broken screw/bolt removers. I've got a set, they work. You can attach it to a drill or to a socket screwdriver. Here's a link to them. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...0&bidsite=CRAFT Kind of expensive, but I've used them a couple times and they have saved me from some headaches! :cheers: Good luck, Chris

Just an idea, Craftsman makes a set of broken screw/bolt removers.  I've got a set, they work.  You can attach it to a drill or to a socket screwdriver.  Here's a link to them. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...0&bidsite=CRAFT    Kind of expensive, but I've used them a couple times and they have saved me from some headaches! :cheers:  Good luck, Chris

Been there did that.. I just snapped a broken stud remover also... :D

Now that piece of hardened steel is busted off in the hole I drilled.. This sucks!!!

For a friggin antenna :cool:

theres some plastic bezel around it snaps up and off, then you can slip a piece of plastic or what not to make sure you dont scratch the antenna's coating. and use some plyers to unscrew it off.

if you are in need of a replacement...I am your DUDE! I have my stock antenna off my 2003 gmc that I took off to put a shortty antenna on. You can have it just pay for shipping.

or you can just go pick up a shortty's antenna like I did for 20$. get the 12" one as it gets better radio than the 6" one. both of them dont go over the cab. Picture below of mine. its the black thing with the black mickey mouse head.

373127_74_full.jpg

Yulp! That's what happened to me when all I wanted to do was to replace the stock antenna for a billet one!!!

Damnit, that small mod took all of 3 hrs to acomplish (why?) didn't GM install a power anttenna idunno!! Good luck Don't :cheers: anything just count to 3 to 100.

theres some plastic bezel around it snaps up and off, then you can slip a piece of plastic or what not to make sure you dont scratch the antenna's coating. and use some plyers to unscrew it off.

if you are in need of a replacement...I am your DUDE! I have my stock antenna off my 2003 gmc that I took off to put a shortty antenna on. You can have it just pay for shipping.

or you can just go pick up a shortty's antenna like I did for 20$. get the 12" one as it gets better radio than the 6" one. both of them dont go over the cab. Picture below of mine. its the black thing with the black mickey mouse head.

373127_74_full.jpg

I can't use the antenna cause the base has no plase to screw it on..

When the antenna snapped it rendered both pieces USELESS...

I wonder if the cable just screws on to the base or is it one piece?

It's all one piece. If you want know how I did it do a search on antenna replacement or something like that with my name in it and there are a couple of threads telling you how to do it. It's a really pain in the arse to replace. The reason why I had to replace mine was because some dude at a Chiefs game bent my antenna over till it touched the hood and when I tried to bend it back I busted the bolt off so I had to replace the whole cable. Good luck.

to remove and replace mine with the shorttys antenna...took me about 6min it was pretty darn easy....my shortty antenna came with a rubber donut looking thing that you use to slip over your old or new antenna to remove and install it.

Dude, you have the sweetest Truck I have seen!!! That is proof that simple is awesome!

Since the stock antenna BASE was the part that had the threaded shaft on it (MALE) for the antenna (Female)

I am going to try and drill it out and Tap it! Then I am going to Autozone and get a universal rubber shorty antenna. It comes with an extra threaded shaft to convert the antenna to a (MALE) for use on other than GM....

I should be able to save the day.... Oh the rubber antenna is $4.99 :cheers:

Archived