NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, got everything I need. Guess I'm going to install tomorrow. Still not really sure about the volume setting before removal and the VSS wire. Will keep reading, but if anyone wants to just blurt out the info, that would be fine too :cheers:

everything went fine. I had a tough time with the dash, but I was able to get the antenna in anyways. I didn't yet hook up the vss. I'll do that at a later time, and I didn't have any wire :cheers:

I bought the radio on ebay for cheap, it said refurb, but it looked brand new. It didn't have a sticker on the side, but it works 100% perfect. I cranked the volume up 1/2 and when I turned the new one on, it was loud! Door chimes are fairly loud too, but I don't think it'll be a problem. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=8023967718

I guess I'll read up more on the vss wire, unless someone wants to suggest how to plug the wire into the harness. Is there an end piece you can put on the wire to make it just plug in?

thanks a million for all the great info! I saved what, 1200 bux by doing it myself? I think the option was 2500, and I have $625 in it right now. Of course, I need to buy a v4 dvd, so that'll put me at $825

• 3 weeks later...
ok after spending a few hours reading up on this i have a question

am i SOL with the 02 denali?

can i get nav or not?

kind of lost here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you're talking factory nav out of the '03-'06--yes, I'm 99.9% sure you are SOL.

As the originator of this thread, i just wanted to stop in and say, "holy crap!  I cant believe this thing is still going"  Almost 2 years and almost 80,000 views and 850 replies......LOL  :rolleyes:

Yep,Just goes to show that GM should've offered a factory NAV system in these trucks!!

As the originator of this thread, i just wanted to stop in and say, "holy crap!  I cant believe this thing is still going"  Almost 2 years and almost 80,000 views and 850 replies......LOL  :dupe:

Yep,Just goes to show that GM should've offered a factory NAV system in these trucks!!

Okay, I have been reading this for two days trying to figure out if I can reconfigure my wifes Non Bose Non Nav 2004 Impala into an Non Lux Bose with the matching head unit. I know that this will not be easy but from all of the information on this site, I know it can be done. I have Onstar and the premium sound system upgrade for that vehicle and have purchased everything I need to this point.

I am bit jittery at this point and would like for someone to provide the wiring schematic that is going around that provides the Non Lux to Lux pin swap but provide the wire colors also. I'm thinking that if I have the wiring diagrams for the impala I can simply swap the pins to the correct location on the Non Lux pin swap diagram????

Please help...In Houston Texas and willing to compensate for the proper direction!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just installed a Navigation Radio (#15204334 ) in my Sierra Denali 2004 (Y91 option). Had the VIN relearn procedure done with the Tech2 AND the Amp recalibration.

Now I have a really strange problem :

1- If I turn the key to Accessories (or ignition), the radio works fine.

2- As soon as I start the engine, I completely loose the sound (everything else works fine though)

3- When that happens, if I shut the engine and put the key back to Accessories, I do not get the sound back. The only way is to turn the key off and wait for about one minute then it goes back to the state mentioned at line #1. (if I do not wait the one minute, it doesn't work)

4- Now, if (at state mentioned at line 1) I turn the key really quickly to start the engine, kind of bypassing Accessories and Ignition, then the radio works fine with the engine running.

5- The other way of getting it to work while the engine is running is to remote-start it. Then when I turn the key to ignition the sound keeps on working.

One detail : when I turn the key on, there is a unusual loud (short) click sound coming out of the speakers.

Anybody has an idea?

• 1 month later...
:mad: I just completed the lux conversion this morning.  Everything went fine, the only problem is that my driver side and rear speakers have no sound, only the front passenger side.  All else is good, steering wheel controls etc....  Has any one else had this problem.  The vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, 1500.  I am going to check to see if i pluged in the proper wires for the outputs, that is all i can think of right now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

I just did the upgrade and I too have the same problem...its killing me...I have checked all my outputs and have double checked against the diagrams from this post...everything works lovely but only having 1 speaker is killing me..I hope that you solved this problem and would share with me....

thx

Bigg Kev

:mad: I just completed the lux conversion this morning.  Everything went fine, the only problem is that my driver side and rear speakers have no sound, only the front passenger side.  All else is good, steering wheel controls etc....   Has any one else had this problem.  The vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, 1500.  I am going to check to see if i pluged in the proper wires for the outputs, that is all i can think of right now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

I just did the upgrade and I too have the same problem...its killing me...I have checked all my outputs and have double checked against the diagrams from this post...everything works lovely but only having 1 speaker is killing me..I hope that you solved this problem and would share with me....

thx

Bigg Kev

It sounds like you need to program the amp. Where did you get the amp? If it's new, you will only get sound out of the front passenger speaker.

:mad: I just completed the lux conversion this morning.  Everything went fine, the only problem is that my driver side and rear speakers have no sound, only the front passenger side.  All else is good, steering wheel controls etc....   Has any one else had this problem.  The vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, 1500.  I am going to check to see if i pluged in the proper wires for the outputs, that is all i can think of right now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

thx

Bigg Kev

It sounds like you need to program the amp. Where did you get the amp? If it's new, you will only get sound out of the front passenger speaker.

Hmmm....I bought it on Ebay. I was told itwas pulled from a 2004 denali for an after market install.....at least I have a starting point. I will need to look through this thread and find the steps for programming the amp.....is there anything I need to be aware of when I visit the dealer.( which was really cool about the tech2 procedure..even though he could not believe I had hooked the system up myself..LOL

Bigg Kev

p.s. thanks for the quick response...I have been hiding my truck from my wife until I finish this mod.....so I have been riding in her Jetta all weekend....Its like riding in a Yugo with a spoiler kit......need my sounds back.....LOL

If anyone might be interested, I have a video switcher for the INR. It will switch 2 video sources to the INR screen. Back up cam and DVD will both work.

PM me.

BTW,This is the thread that prompted me to do this mod to my '04 Yukon XL. THe install went smmoth with no issues thanx to this info.

DAve

Archived