NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

:D I just completed the lux conversion this morning.  Everything went fine, the only problem is that my driver side and rear speakers have no sound, only the front passenger side.  All else is good, steering wheel controls etc....   Has any one else had this problem.  The vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, 1500.  I am going to check to see if i pluged in the proper wires for the outputs, that is all i can think of right now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

I just did the upgrade and I too have the same problem...its killing me...I have checked all my outputs and have double checked against the diagrams from this post...everything works lovely but only having 1 speaker is killing me..I hope that you solved this problem and would share with me....

thx

Bigg Kev

It sounds like you need to program the amp. Where did you get the amp? If it's new, you will only get sound out of the front passenger speaker.

Hmmm....I bought it on Ebay. I was told itwas pulled from a 2004 denali for an after market install.....at least I have a starting point. I will need to look through this thread and find the steps for programming the amp.....is there anything I need to be aware of when I visit the dealer.( which was really cool about the tech2 procedure..even though he could not believe I had hooked the system up myself..LOL

Bigg Kev

p.s. thanks for the quick response...I have been hiding my truck from my wife until I finish this mod.....so I have been riding in her Jetta all weekend....Its like riding in a Yugo with a spoiler kit......need my sounds back.....LOL

I installed the ext 6 cd changer...everything working except the speaker issue described above. I plan to go to the dealer saturday hopefully its all I need. I hate to order another amp if this one does not work...

UPDATE!!!

Went to the dealer and had the amp recalibrated as per the tech2 instructions posted earlier........Everything is working......I would like to thank everyone for the hard work put in before I attempted this install.....The sound was well worth it....

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2005 Envoy with a Bose Audio system and most of the extras like Onstar, XM, Steering wheel controls rear controlls and DVD entertainment package.

I have read through this very long forum becuase I want to swap out my head unit for the navigation touch screen unit. The original numbers people were saying to buy was 10377287 but now all I see is just 15800001 or 15800000. Can Someone please tell me which models will work for my truck. Also how do I know if mine is the Lux or non Lux model.

Does the DVD have to be in the whole time for the navigation to work?

Thanks for you help

I have a 2005 Envoy with a Bose Audio system and most of the extras like Onstar, XM, Steering wheel controls rear controlls and DVD entertainment package.

I have read through this very long forum becuase I want to swap out my head unit for the navigation touch screen unit.  The original numbers people were saying to buy was 10377287 but now all I see is just 15800001 or 15800000.  Can Someone please tell me which models will work for my truck.  Also how do I know if mine is the Lux or non Lux model.

Thanks for you help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a REAL good source of all this info compressed down to just data:

(Note: part numbers are listed here to)

TNR INSTALL INFO

Yes, the nav dvd needs to be in to be navigating. If you want to play cds at same time, you need add a cd changer.

dave

I have read through this very long forum becuase I want to swap out my head unit for the navigation touch screen unit.  The original numbers people were saying to buy was 10377287 but now all I see is just 15800001 or 15800000.  Can Someone please tell me which models will work for my truck.  Also how do I know if mine is the Lux or non Lux model.

Thanks for you help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TNR INSTALL INFO

Yes, the nav dvd needs to be in to be navigating. If you want to play cds at same time, you need add a cd changer.

dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do I know if mine is the lux on none lux model

Thanks for you help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TNR INSTALL INFO

dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look in the glove box, if you find a code that says Y91 or Y92, you have the LUX package. If you see U6C (I think) you have the non-LUX package. If I were to bet, you don't have the LUX package. It's only seen on the Escalades and Denalis.

Thanks for you help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TNR INSTALL INFO

dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Bose lux (y91) (or BOse nonlux - UQ7) model is designated by the code in your glove box. spend some time reading here to find out the codes and what they mean...there is a RPO code guide in the nav bar of this site.

Also find pictures of the lux amp on the link I posted B4.

dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Linda,

I have an 06 Tahoe with the non-bose radio/cd/8spkr system. I would like to upgrade to the bose-lux system. I saw your thread, which discusses a different project, but I'm wondering if you can shed some light on my goals. Below is a link to my thread. Thanks,

Dean

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...07entry387207

the BOSE system is a MUST! you have to have BOSE audio system from the get go. If not...you will spend WAY to much for the retrofit.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the lux TNR on my 03 burb and installed an Escalade console that has the lux amp. Everything is perfect except only the right front speaker works. The TNR, console and amp are all brand new, and I saw something on this post that says a new amp will only play right front until it's programmed. That's fine, but I had another used amp out of an Escalade SUV, so I stuck it in. I then got left and right audio, but only front -- nothing from the rear speakers. Would it need programming too? I've checked and double-checked my wiring but can't see anything wrong. Also, the audio works perfect from the headphone jacks in the rear of the console. But the "seek" and "program" controls back there do not work. My steering wheel controls work great.

Thanks!

Glenn

I found my problem. The Y91 option has the rear speakers wired differently than the non-Y91. And I had my new amp programmed for $20 by the dealer, and everything works perfect now!

-G

PS: If anybody wants to install an Escalade console in a vehicle without lux audio, it allows you to use the lux amp without so much harness rewiring (your only have to re-wire the rear speakers and feed the amp with the Class II data). The wiring is mostly already correct for "lux" from the big connector (C306) under the console cupholder back to the amp.

• 1 month later...
correct Mike, that harness is the "SLAVE" harness cable thats the same for all GM slave devices since 1998-2002, so we have to modify it a bit to work for us.  What you do is plug the one end into your slave device (6 cd changer) then use the fancy "PINOUT" document that I made, to hook the other end to the head unit.  The other end needs to have the pins pulled out of the connector and inserted in their correct spots in the 12 way harness on the back of your head unit.  The 24 way harness is your main, that includes speaker outs, data bus, voltage, etc.  The 12 way harness is your "AUX" input, its used for OnStar, slave devices, and i think thats where XM would tie in also, but im not sure about that one yet.  Im still looking for info on the XM hookup.  My truck being a Silverado, does not even have an option from the factory for a 6 disk changer in the console.  So NO, i had no harness for the changer, just was lucky enough to fall in good with a few guys who gave me pinouts and schematics so i could create my own harness.

Anyone feel like doing a step-by-step, detailed with pictures install guide for those of us who are too dumb to know what half the stuff you are talking about is? :)

Id really like to change my stock system as it really doesn't sound that great. I just don't know which way to go. This mod looks really cool. I just have to find me a Installing a NAV unit and nice sound system for Dummies book :cheers:

Archived