2000 chevy 2500 454 engine ratings

If I remember correctly, I think the torque number is around 390 ft lbs, and HP is around 325??? (I'm not positive on these numbers)

My buddy has that motor in his 2000 K2500 4x4 excab shortbed. He put a Westers computer on it and it has turned it into a "Beast". He thought it was healthy before, but now he just fries the tires at will!!!

I've got a 2000 3500, Crew Cab Long bed. It's such a reliable truck! And roomy too! When we go on long trips you couldn't have it any other way if you're taking a truck. The power is what I love. It's got all the power you need to show up a 1.6 ltr Civic and all the low end in the world to tow the "pocketbook" (aka race trailer). :cheers:

Mileage wasn't a big issue. If it was, we wouldn't have boughten it in the first place. Around town, I average like 11 or so, depends on how heavy my fot is and the time of the day :thumbs:, freeway, like a short trip, I get about 12-13, but I actually get between 14 and 15 if I'm running 70-80 mph, steady down the interstate.

Mines 2WD too, but we really don't need it in that truck. We rarely go to the snow and it's too big to take when we go hunting. My only complaint: TIGHT PARKING LOTS!!!!!!!!!! AGH they're your worst and absolute most horrible thing with this truck. Other than that, it's one hellofa truck

Archived