What are you paying for spray in bedliner

I have the shorty 5'8" bed too. I'm looking at having it sprayed next week. The best Line-x I've been quoted is $419 out the door. (It's a two hour drive) My nearest Line-x dealer wants $429. (thirty minutes away). I've also been quoted a best $394 for a Rhino (2 hour drive); $429 for a Speedliner; and finally a quote of $400 for a Reflex liner. I've decided that I'm probably going with the Linex and probably will let the shop closest to home do the job, because with the price of gas the extra $10 won't cut it to make the drive. I had two previous trucks one with the Speedliner, one with Rhino, both were okay products, just think I'll go Line-x this time though, as there's nothing but praise for them on this and other discussion boards. I've read of others on the board with better quotes, but in my area (NC) the $400 price is the average. Good luck.

vroten :ughdance:

I paid $425 over the rail, short bed 2500. Just make sure that if you plan to install certain type bed covers, like the Jack Rabbit, to tell the shop to not go over heavy on the inside of the rails. Some of the low profile bed covers that slide between the rails and not on top may get caught up by over spray of the Linex on the rails.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone do a spray in with White material?

Seems alot of people complain the black fades to grey,

or looks chalky(maybe leftover dry soap)

Wondering if there are any options to kinda make the liner

not so noticeable. Plus Black gets baking hot in the sun.

* Also can someone school me on the differences between Rhino/Line-X/

Reflex etc? Are the rubbery ones more or less durable than the harder surface ones? Does the hard surface ones chip? Or could sharp edges cut through either?

Thanks for the advice.

Also, does the place do the prep or do you have to? What do they do? Take 100 Grit to everything and scuff it all up or?

Does anyone do a spray in with White material?

Seems alot of people complain the black fades to grey,

or looks chalky(maybe leftover dry soap)

Wondering if there are any options to kinda make the liner

not so noticeable.  Plus Black gets baking hot in the sun.

* Also can someone school me on the differences between Rhino/Line-X/

Reflex etc?  Are the rubbery ones more or less durable than the harder surface ones?  Does the hard surface ones chip? Or could sharp edges cut through either?

Thanks for the advice.

Also, does the place do the prep or do you have to?  What do they do?  Take 100 Grit to everything and scuff it all up or?

Line-X can do any color you want. I have had the regular black Line-X in my truck for over 3 years now and it is still black. No real fading. As far as black getting hot, well my truck is black, my previous one was white... they both get hot in the sun...

Never heard of Reflex, so can't comment.

Back when I was shopping for a spray in, I compared the Rhino and the Line-X. The Rhino is more pliable and stuff is less likely to slide as much as the harder Line-X, however, if you load/unload large items, this may be a negative. My biased opinion is that the Line-X will outlast the Rhino...

The Rhino can be cut. The Line-X can be gouged... if that makes any sense to ya. When my Line-X was a little over a year old, I gouged out a 1/2" x 1/2" chunk out of my tailgate by moving a very big and very heavy metal tool box that had a jagged corner. The Line-X dealer repaired this at no cost to me. They just filled in the area with Line-X material and textured it to match... Easy... A couple of weeks after the repair, you could not even tell where it had been.

The dealer should do all of the prep. This is the most important part of any spray in application. When they did my truck, they took sanders and scuffed the bed really good... They then washed the scuffed area with acetone or some such to remove any debris. Sprayed the Line-X in and with in a few minutes, it was cured and ready for action...

As a side note, when I took my truck in to have the tailgate repaired, there was brand new truck being prepped. This one had a Rhino/Tuff not sure of the brand liner installed by the dealer and the owner wanted a Line-X... To remove the existing liner, they took a box cutter and cut the liner. Used pliers to grab and peel it out. Bet ya can't do that with the Line-X!

Here is a pic from the website of the dealer that did my truck, it is a white furd... But it does show the Line-X application in white... Sorry for being so long winded!

James.

colormatch6(high).jpg

Just got an estimate yesterday for my 2004 Silverado Extended Cab Standard bed, over the rail is 475. The guy said he'd knock off 20 bucks for being a firefighter. Not too bad I suppose. Bad thing is, at least the dealer here, only deals with cash or check. Forced me to put my plans on hold temporarily.

Archived