'ticking' noise in Yukon headliner

Hey guys,

I just bought an '02 Yukon SLT. I absolutely love this truck. However, there is a ticking noise coming from somewhere in the headliner. Sounds like 2 pieces of plastic against one another that move when you are moving down the road. Not that the noise is real loud, but it's just loud enough to get on my nerves. I'm thinking about pulling the headliner and re-installing if I thought it might help. Have any of you experienced such noises in the headliner?

Secondly, how hard is it to pull and replace the headliner?

Thanks

Check your roof rack before you dig into the headliner. A friend of mine had a similar noise, but it traveled through the roof and sounded like the dash. it was the movable piece on the roof rack. Adjust it or move it, then see if the noise goes away.

From the limited description you gave...It could also be the windshield "tapping" noise that so many of us have come to know and love (not really).

Do you have a bugshield?

~or~

Do you have the auto-climate controls? There is a small fan in the ceiling for temp measurement that has been known to fail from time to time.

Just my two opinions....Cents...Whatever :(

From the limited description you gave...It could also be the windshield "tapping" noise that so many of us have come to know and love (not really).

Do you have a bugshield?

~or~

Do you have the auto-climate controls? There is a small fan in the ceiling for temp measurement that has been known to fail from time to time.

Just my two opinions....Cents...Whatever :(

I do not have a bugshield, and do not have the auto climate control.

I appreciate all feedback, I really don't want to get into the headliner either.

I'm still trying to isolate the noise better. Sometimes it even sounds like its coming from one of the back seats.

Little noises like this always drive me crazy until I can fix them

For the uninitiated, could you elaborate a little more on this?

I had same thing in my tahoe, it was the bracket on the sunshade (it has a sunroof).  Just throwing it out to you!  :sigh:

All right, what bracket are we talking about here? Drawings , pics, something?! :cheers:

I have an 04 sunroof and I get a rattle of some kind when it is all the way open too. :thumbs: Never hear it when it is closed or partially open. It doesn't sound anything like the weatherstrip tapping because the sound is definitely behind the opening.

• 1 month later...

Archived