What style of nerf bars should I get?

I'm looking to getting either the Nasta Polished Stainless Steel nerf's or the Westin Black Powder nerf bars.

The problem I'm having is that the creative side of my brain doesn't work too well and I can't vision what would look best on my truck (pic in .sig).

I have a two tone, red up top, silver down below. Anyone have any pictures of their truck with the same paint job with the different nerf bars on?

Post pix here or e-mail to xao a@t one-stop.com

TIA!

When it doubt – go black. Do you want them to be functional and covert, or do you want them to be functional and draw more attention to the lower half of your truck? Either choice will look good but the SS will stand out more. I would go black – but that’s my personal style.

I have the Nasta Stainless Steel on my 04 Crew. The truck is white so it's not your color combo, but depending on where you're going to be driving and whether there's any road salt would make my decision easier. I bought the Nasta's because they are ALL stainless, even the mounting hardware, also there's a guy on ebay I dealt with that was super. Shipped from California (free shipping) and was about $100 less than anyone I could find locally. I'll look on ebay and see if I can find a link. Anyway I've had the Nasta's on since Christmas and am EXTREMELY satisfied. Good luck with whatever you choose.

vroten :seeya:

BLACK..... :seeya: .......I think if you went with stainless it takes away from the rims, I think the black will enhance the colors of your truck.

Stop buy an accessory store, tell them your thinking about doing nerf bars and ask them if they have any on hand or samples to hold up against your truck, ask them their opinion too since they deal with installation and what the most popular is for your color scheme.

Good luck!

My truck is white also,the old woman wanted me to get the black ones,I opted for the Summitracing.com polished SS.With chrome on both front and rear bumpers the SS.looks great.And at $209.Can't beat um'

Steve :seeya:

Heres a link to the ebayer I was talking about for the nerfs for your truck. His reserve price is around $10 less than the buy it now price (or at least it was for my truck.) Also here's some pix of them on my truck. I took them tonight so I had to use some extra lighting, so the color of the truck is off a little in one of the pix.

635031_9.jpg

635031_8.jpg

635031_7.jpg

Again good luck with the nerfs.

vroten :seeya:

When I went out to install bars on my truck, I thought I wanted polished chrome, I actually purchased a pair of Westin chrome bars, installed them and realized that I didn't like them on my truck. Then, I found a pair of black Westin bars, wheel to wheel that was just too good a deal to pass up, so, bought them.

I installed one of each on the truck and decided to go with the black powedercoated ones, to me they looked a whole lot better than the chrome ones, which by the way are up for sale, and are are only for pick-up/delivery in the DFW area if anyone is interested.

So, I think a lot of it has to do with what color your truck is and what kind of look you are looking for.

Just my .02 worth.

Click the link in my sig to see the black bars on my truck.

Personally, I would go with Stainless for your truck.

Stainless won't chip or rust like the black painted will over time. Thr front part and the underside of those bars are going to take the bulk of the abuse over time.

I would love to find a set of exact factory matching stainless for my Suburban Z-71, but have not had any luck. I already have a few chips on the front with only 12k miles.

Of course, every truck is different, but with your gorgous color combination the Stainless will enhance the "rich" look that you have now. :seeya:

Personally, I would go with Stainless for your truck.

Stainless won't chip or rust like the black painted will over time. Thr front part and the underside of those bars are going to take the bulk of the abuse over time.

I would love to find a set of exact factory matching stainless for my Suburban Z-71, but have not had any luck. I already have a few chips on the front with only 12k miles.

Of course, every truck is different, but with your gorgous color combination the Stainless will enhance the "rich" look that you have now. :cool:

True, they are stainless, no rusting...the Westins are very tough, little more money but a quality product, look great and are really sturdy (I am a little girthy if you will too :D and they hold me) :) ...hope this helps, later, :D:chevy::seeya:

Archived