Is the Locking Rear standard On Z71 GMC'?

I was showing a guy at work my truck as he is looking to buy either new 05 or an 04 (very slightly used) GMC. For the GMC he told me the thought the Locking Rear was standard equipment if you get the Z71 package. I told him I didn't think so and Looked on GMC's website at 05 models and can't find that option anywhere. Does any one know if the locker was standard with the Z71 package for 2004 or is now for 2005? If any one can answer either or both questions I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to add a new GMC member.

Thanks

Jansen

I was showing a guy at work my truck as he is looking to buy either new 05 or an 04 (very slightly used) GMC.  For the GMC he told me the thought the Locking Rear was standard equipment if you get the Z71 package.  I told him I didn't think so and Looked on GMC's website at 05 models and can't find that option anywhere.  Does any one know if the locker was standard with the Z71 package for 2004 or is now for 2005?  If any one can answer either or both questions I'd appreciate it.  I'm trying to add a new GMC member.

Thanks

Jansen

Accoring to the chevy site, the G80 appears to come with the Light Duty Power Package or as a separate option (295$) for all 1500's except the Z71 (it comes standard on this model)...When I ordered my truck last May I added this package, and also the G80 for an extra 295$. This year if you try to build a Z71 the box is checked as it is standard for 2005 (also says this on the description page for the different 1500 models), 2004 not sure, you can also check the LDPPack too also to upgrade the engine and trailering...Just tell him to look in the glove box for G80, unless he is buying a 2005 Z71, then it should have it...but not for 2004 as far as I know ...should be standard on ALL 'rados in my opinion, great option. I went with the LT package for the interior and added the G80 and skid plates...got the best of both worlds, smooth ride and extra traction and protection, :cool::) Hope you are successful in getting him to buy a new truck...tell him to join us here on the forum...Hope this helps, later, :D:chevy::seeya:

Did you happen to see that on the GMC website? Would there be any differences between chevy and GMC?

Another question, can you tell if there is a locker in the rear by the differntial cover? My girlfriends liberty has a round diff cover on the front and rear so if my buddy is concerned about it can he just look at the rear and say yes it does or no it doesn't?

Jansen

Did you happen to see that on the GMC website?  Would there be any differences between chevy and GMC? 

Another question, can you tell if there is a locker in the rear by the differntial cover?  My girlfriends liberty has a round diff cover on the front and rear so if my buddy is concerned about it can he just look at the rear and say yes it does or no it doesn't?

Jansen

As far as I can tell the GMC and Chevy are the same, except for the cosmetic differences...of course. I located the LD power package on the GMC site, containes the G80 as on the Chevy site. Also, the "Off-Road package" has the G80 as part of it, so yes the Z71 package from both Chevy and GMC have the G80...if you get an LS/SLE or LT/SLT you add it in the LDPPackage, or as a separate option (2005, not sure about 2004 except what I stated earlier)...It is just a matter of looking around...the glove box will tell you (or the sticker of course)...as far as the diff. cover differences, not sure. Someone else? Hope this helps, later, :cool::chevy::seeya:

Archived