Ok to change to synthetic at 42,000 miles

Hey Everyone I bought a used 2004 chevy pickup with the 5.3. I dont know what the previous owner ran it, but since we have owned we have used castrol syntec. But I was thinking of going to mobil 1 since it is more of a true synthetic. But it will probably have about 42,000 miles on it before I change over to mobil1. Do you guys think it is ok to do this or not?

Hey Everyone I bought a used 2004 chevy pickup with the 5.3. I dont know what the previous owner ran it, but since we have owned we have used castrol syntec. But I was thinking of going to mobil 1 since it is more of a true synthetic. But it will probably have about 42,000 miles on it before I change over to mobil1. Do you guys think it is ok to do this or not?

yes, it's ok

The switch from Syntec to M1 is a no brainer for me. The Syntec is a group III oil and M1 is a group IIII. The stores around me sell the Syntec and M1 for the same price. Paying the same price for a lesser oil doesn't make sense to me.

The Pep-boys deal is killer. Getting M1 for less than $2.50 a qt. is AWESOME! Most all the regular dino oils (Pennzoil,Castrol,Valvoline) are at $2.00 per qt. or more.

I went to pepboys this weekend and the guy there told me that sale is all done and does not no when it will happen again. :happysad: Wish i would of caught this info earlier oh well i will see what kind of deal costco might be doing.

That guy is feeding you a line of BS. The Pep-boys M1 deal is in effect until Dec. 31st 2005.

If you still have the coupons and they won't honor them,I'd raise all sorts of hell over that. :fume:

Archived