About to do first oil change....

Will be doing my 05 crew cab's first oil change within a week or so, and was just wondering if anyone can recommend a WIX (NAPA gold) filter. I would like to use something larger than the stock size, but I just dont know which NAPA gold to use.

I can get these easily at NAPA, but if I can find a Purolator Pure 1 filter....can anyone suggest a filter by that manufacturer as well.

Any help would be great

thx

Here's a link to the Purolator Pureone that fit the 99-02 model years. It's the equivilent size to a PF59 AC Many on the board use this filter because it is a larger canister.

PL25288

Here's a link to the Pureone that is the match for your truck

PL14006

It's basically the equivalent to the PF 44/46 that GM uses on the newer trucks, and has the smaller canister.

Either will do a fine job. I've run the Pureone filters on my trucks since 99, they seem to be a good product and that's what's on my 04 crew currently. If you live near an Advance Auto they are an easy find. IF not I'd say go with the AC/Delco.

vroten :flag:

Thx, for the info on the purolator filters, not sure where to find these up here in Canada (dont believe we have advance auto)

Anyone know which model # for the WIX brand.....I assume it wud be the equivelant for the PF59??

thx again

Thx, for the info on the purolator filters, not sure where to find these up here in Canada  (dont believe we have advance auto)

Anyone know which model # for the WIX brand.....I assume it wud be the equivelant for the PF59??

thx again

Here's the older WIX part # (ie PF 59 replacement)

WIX 51522

Here's the newer WIX part # (ie PF 44/46 replacement)

WIX 51042

vroten :flag:

I've been using the WIX 51042 on mine and I'm happy with it. I'm running Mobil 1 and changing every 5-6,000.

I used a Mobil 1 filter the first time because they were out of the WIX, but i think my oil stays cleaner with the WIX.

vroten - where the heck in africa do you live?? 

looks like there is a lion stalking you from the hill behind your truck!

That's the Golden Retriever. Nothing lion like about him.....he's a big chicken.

vroten

Archived