NEW BLACK Z71 1500 CREW

Thursday I will get my new Black Z71 crew cab. I absolutely will not be happy with it until I do a few mods, to make it have the look I like. Not after Monster look, just like trucks with 1 to 2" raise and bigger tires.

Help me with any information, here is my list :rolleyes:

Plan on adjustiing torsion on front or installing spacer to lift / balance front end, what is best for this (like 1 1/2 or whatever)

Tires. what are largest possible (without a lift kit). think I would want 305's

Grill, any ideas on nicest grill, will look at Billet site, would like comments

Window tint, ok know enough to fiqure this one out. :withstupid:

I lease this truck, am not going to spend $4K to lift, but will go for tires & wheelsl then remove on lease turn in. Leased it so I can get the newly styled 07 when it comes out, if I like it. Have only seen one spy photo to date.

Thanks for the help.

...Plan on adjustiing torsion on front or installing spacer to lift / balance front end, what is best for this (like 1 1/2 or whatever)

Be very careful on adjusting the torsion bar, especially if you live in an area with bumpy roads. If you get too crazy on the adjustment, your comfort level on the ride will suffer.

The torsion bar adjustment is not for cosmetic adjustment, but for compensating for accessories mounted on the front nose, such as a snow plow or heavy grill. If you do a cosmetic adjustment and get it past a certain parameter, then the ride will definitely get harsh. You'll then fall into the trap of changing your jounce stops and devising ways of extending your shocks, either by extenders or using washers on top of the shock.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.... :rolleyes:

Archived