Radio / clock 1994 2500

OK this sounds like I'm a moron but I can't figure out how to change the time on the clock part of the radio on my 94 Cheyenne 4WD 5.7L auto. No clearly marked buttons like "set" or "hr". It must be some combinations of the existing buttons; I've tried a few and can't get the thing to budge. Radio unit is all buttons with a digital readout. Previous owner must have had the same question as the clock was wrong when I got it.

Thanks.

OK this sounds like I'm a moron but I can't figure out how to change the time on the clock part of the radio on my 94 Cheyenne 4WD 5.7L auto.  No clearly marked buttons like "set" or "hr".  It must be some combinations of the existing buttons; I've tried a few and can't get the thing to budge.  Radio unit is all buttons with a digital readout.  Previous owner must have had the same question as the clock was wrong when I got it.

Thanks.

The answer is in your owners manual. :withstupid:

OK this sounds like I'm a moron but I can't figure out how to change the time on the clock part of the radio on my 94 Cheyenne 4WD 5.7L auto.  No clearly marked buttons like "set" or "hr".  It must be some combinations of the existing buttons; I've tried a few and can't get the thing to budge.  Radio unit is all buttons with a digital readout.  Previous owner must have had the same question as the clock was wrong when I got it.

Thanks.

Don't feel so bad, I have had 2 VCR's for at least 8 years and still can't figure how to set the time to record a Nascar race if I'm not at home.

If it's the same radio as my wifes 93 GMC jimmy, our 6 year old son gave me the instructions and said, "with the ignition on, push the power button to turn off the radio, then push the set button, seek is for hour and scan is minutes. Push set button to cancel mod."

I hope this helps.

the early 90's delco radios should have a set button... if your buttons are black, i have a feeling since you have a cheyenne, it'll be small & round...just a hunch~

I sat in an older Ford Windstar yesterday morning all confused with setting the clock on that *@#& radio. I push CLOCK and mash other buttons and nothing happens. Power on or off, radio on or off... no hr min buttons..... suppose if i was raised in them i'd know, but thank goodness I wasn't exposed to Ford. WHAT A PAIN.

Just turn the radio off, push the set button and then the seek/scan buttons for hours/minutes. 

On the plus side..  I like the knobs for volume and tuning.

Thanks to all who supplied the correct procedure, my clock is now set correctly. And wingnut is correct; I bought the truck used, private sale, no owners manual in sight.

JB

Archived