Stock 5.7L (350 ci) TBI V8 Power Ratings

Dear Group,

Anyone know the stock HP and torque ratings for a 5.7L (350ci) TBI V8? Crank ratings preferred, but any dyno figures on this engine in stock form appreciated as well.

In a Suburban 4X4 if that is required.

Thanks,

Glenn

For those interested, I was able to answer my own question as presented above. :jester:

200-210 hp @ 4000 rpm

300 lb.-ft. @ 2800 rpm

See other years up to 1995 at:

http://users.apex2000.net/whardie/horse.html

Thanks,

Glenn

I have one to but I think that those HP figures are generous (though that is the ratings) because power/torque falls rapidly after 3000 RPM or so and it gutless by 4000 RPM. It does pull quite well below 3000 RPM though so I am please with it otherwise.

yeah, owning and modding a TBI, it's almost worthless over 4000 RPM. I had chip, K%N, spacer, powerchager intake "bowl" and it made a HUGE difference, but only under 4000 RPM.....before thw reck I was planning on adding E-TEC 200 heads and a vortec style TBI manifold, I THINK GMPP makes it....not sure, and LT4 rockers and hardened pushrods.

I was gueesing that would have added about 50 solid HP across most of the RPM range, if your looking for stuff to do. combine that with the other mods, and put on a Magnaflow cat in place of the stock one, and a Turbo City modified TBI, and you'd be wasting 5.3's all day long. you'd have about the same HP, but the torque would be monsterous.

the only problem I heard was that the E-TEC 200's MIGHT(not 100%) need custom work done to the block to bolt right onto the block because they might have been vortec bolt pattern style, possible needs new holes drilled? it was a LONG time ago, was I probably have something confused.

then add some headers, true dual exhuastm functional cowl or inductive style hood withg an open element filter..........

or just buy a mean crate motor and put on Holley commander EFI...

My current need to buy and build a "hot rod"(oddly enough, buying my camaro just made it worse) has me playing with the idea of buy the truck back..... how many 14 second TBi's are running around

yeah, owning and modding a TBI, it's almost worthless over 4000 RPM. I had chip, K%N, spacer, powerchager intake "bowl" and it made a HUGE difference, but only under 4000 RPM.....before thw reck I was planning on adding E-TEC 200 heads and a vortec style TBI manifold, I THINK GMPP makes it....not sure, and LT4 rockers and hardened pushrods.

I was gueesing that would have added about 50 solid HP across most of the RPM range, if your looking for stuff to do. combine that with the other mods, and put on a Magnaflow cat in place of the stock one, and a Turbo City modified TBI, and you'd be wasting 5.3's all day long. you'd have about the same HP, but the torque would be monsterous.

the only problem I heard was that the E-TEC 200's MIGHT(not 100%) need custom work done to the block to bolt right onto the block because they might have been vortec bolt pattern style, possible needs new holes drilled? it was a LONG time ago, was I probably have something confused.

then add some headers, true dual exhuastm functional cowl or inductive style hood withg an open element filter..........

or just buy a mean crate motor and put on Holley commander EFI...

My current need to buy and build a "hot rod"(oddly enough, buying my camaro just made it worse) has me playing with the idea of buy the truck back..... how many 14 second TBi's are running around

The intake manifold and the cam is what chokes the engine. Eldebrock makes a nice TBI manifold that should help the breathing a lot as the stock one is very restrictive plus the Eldebrock will take oversize TBI units too without a adaptor.

Archived