Trucks you have owned

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2001 4x4 chev. blazer- PROS really nice aftermarket alpine soundsystem, easy to manuver around got up to 20 mpg on the highway with an egg foot. CONS expected a little bit more power out of the motor with atleast the mileage i was getting. constant problems timing chain, and other crap, TRANNY went out 1k after i sold it @71k what a POS. o yea rattled like crazy

2004 chev silverado 1500 4x4 5.3L ext cab tuned, exhaust, PROS amazing gas mileage for its size and engine 3.73s transfer nice torque to the ground, nice looking reliable and much faster. rides really smooth tows my boat with ease CONS speedo went out at 48k

• 2 months later...

Here are some pics of trucks that I have owned...

BlueTruck.jpg

This was the first truck that I ever bought. I think I paid like $100 it was a 84 305. I rebuilt the engine and drove it for a while fixed somethings to drive it and then took it apart cause the body was in bad shape!

MyPlowtruck.jpg

Man I loved this truck and hate myself for ever selling, it was a 84 Silverado 3/4 ton with 350, 3 spd w/dranny, 4X4 longbed, plaw truck...As you can see we used it and had fun with it!

1969 Chevy C-10 - This was when trucks were trucks! You couldn't kill this truck! 250 c.i. straight ^, 3 on the tree! I remember when I was dating my wife some chick pulled out in front of me with her brand new 1977 Camero (she was pulling off the dealer's lot). Well, I nailed her broad side. They had to tow off the Camero, I had to pop the hood and but the battery back on the shelf and reattach the terminal, and off I went! Didn't even bust a head light! Another time I had given it a tune up while consuming a few to many beers and didn't tighten the distributor cap enough. The next morning as I was pulling into to work it was sputtering and missing to beat the band. I came out on a break to find the distributor cap loose with a Quarter size hole knocked in the side of it. I cleaned the plactic off the rotor, tighted the distributor cap down, and drove home! Lots of great memories with this truck!

1980 VW Rabbit Pick-up - Yea, this one's a stretch, but it had the diesel engine and got 50 mpg! This was back when diesel cost $.25 a gallon! It didn't take much to go a long way in this truck/car!

1994 Ford Ranger - This was a great truck and the first after a long spell of not having a truck. It had the 3.0L V6, no power house, but a decent truck that got decent gas mileage and got the job done! Sold it and bought a...

1999 Ford F-150 - In my opinion, the best model F-150 Ford had produced in a long time, and I still like it over the new body style! It had the 4.6L v8 and was my introduction to modern truck mods! I had an intake, Gibson Exhaust and a super chip in this one. It ran great and was a very reliable truck. I sold it after moving to Indy from Georgia and found it didn't have much traction with that white stuff all over the streets!

2005 Nissan Frontier - This was my first 4X4 Truck. A very nice truck with a powerful V6 engine. Again, the mod bug bit and I added a slew of aftermarket goodies to this truck as well. I also learned a lot about mods and what works and what doesn't with this truck, and hope this knowledge will help me make wiser decisions as I built my current truck...

2007 GMC Sierra! What else can I saw, it's been the best yet...

1999 Grand Am GT 4Dr. Black. New.

Had it for a year, got tired of it, and sold it at 12k miles. Great car though, no issues. Just wasn't powerful or "exciting" enough.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2Dr Limited Edition. Silver. New.

Had for 6 years, spent over $8k in mods (see website), but ultimately got too expensive to keep around. Stuff kept breaking/wearing out or I kept throwing $$$ into mods. All expected for a 6 year old Pontiac. Bottom line.. it was a FWD V6. I needed (wanted) RWD or 4X4 V8. Just wasn't going to work for me. Had to sell it. Sold in '06 with a very low 40k miles on eBay.

2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 5.7l V8. Pewter. Used w/ 93k. Bought in '05.

First actual truck ever owned. Loved it. But thanks to high mileage and my need to upgrade everything it didn't already come with, it ended up being a bad idea. With the amount of $$$ being dumped into repairs/upgrades, I decided to part ways with my first truck and get the Denali. Sold in '06 with 104k (right after selling the pontiac).

2006 Yukon Denali. Silver Birch Metallic. Used w/ 7k, bought in '06.

Still love the truck. Bought it fully loaded to hopefully avoid modding (at least extensively) the vehicle. Minor annoyances are occasional noises, rattles, creaking, and popping noises. I hate noises. My other vehicles all made noises, but they didn't cost as much. :confused: Love the engine most of all. Hope to keep it for awhile.

1968 Ford - My $150.00 truck I bought from my Uncle. Drove it about 2 years.

1972 Ford - Also used - drove it 3 years.

1976 Chevrolet - Silverado - purchased new and still going strong! 228,000 miles - hope the 07 can match the durability of the 76.

1988 S10, 4x2, shortbed, regular cab, STRIPPER

Likes: First new vehicle. First truck. Brand new cost me $6500!

Dislikes: Sucked for winter. Merging onto the highway was scary because that little 4 banger didn't have much juice. Vinyl bench, no AC, manual steering, etc, etc, etc.

1988 Dodge Dakota, 4x2, regular cab, longbed

Dislikes: Until the sun started to turn the red paint into a dark pink (in less than 2 years). Sucked for winter.

1989 Dodge Ram, 4x2, regular cab longbed

Likes: My first full size truck. Looked awesome. I still think these years were among the most handsome trucks ever made. Super cool rams head hood ornament. Very reliable. Paint and chrome were better than any other truck I had before or since.

Dislikes: Upright bench seat was uncomfortable. Lots of wind noise. Rear end was scary on bumpy exit ramps. Sucked for winter.

1998 K1500 4X4, extended cab, shortbed

Likes: First 4x4, first extended cab. This was a sweet ride for me at the time. I loved the way it looked. Reliable.

Dislikes: Nothing really.

2000 Ford F250SD 4X4, extended cab, shortbed

Likes: Freakin' huge. Old timey fingertip-light powersteering. Manual locking hubs (inconvenient but trustworthy).

Dislikes: Wouldn't fit in some parking garages. Too thirsty. This was not an intelligent purchase.

2003 Silverado 4x4, extended cab, shortbed, Quadrasteer

Likes: Quadrasteer. This is what sold me on the truck and it made this my favorire truck to-date. Power-fold mirrors. Overall just a nice truck that I sort of regret trading. Got a great deal though and it was getting up there in miles.

Dislikes: Electronic 4x4 went out a couple of times. Sucks when you can't quite trust this. Overall quality control was a little shoddy. Seats weren't great.

2007 GMC Sierra NBS, 4X4, extended cab, 6.6 foot bed

Likes: Interior appearance and quality light years better than any truck I have owned. Love the wide opening rear doors, power rear side windows, all the storage places, etc, etc. Decent mileage for a light foot driver like me. Proper locking diff (the quadsteers had a mostly useless trac-lok lsd). Handles and steers better than any truck I have ever owned. Quiet. Comfortable seats. GM really put a lot of thought into the design and it shows.

Dislikes: No quadrasteer option. Paint is not terrible, but it has more orange peel than my previous trucks.

• 5 months later...

1967 ford mustang still have it

1981 ford f150 sucked

1985 gmc sierra loved it but i totaled it

1981 silverado got stolen

1992 silverado extended cab loved it

1999 black short bed silverado v6 did not cut it for me

2000 silverado lt ext cab loved it

2002 gmc 1500hd slt 6.0L Still have it for a work truck

2008 silverado ltz crew cab wow i love it

1968 chevy c-10. Great truck with three in the tree. Hardly any rust, ran great, and easy to work on. The linkage with the three in the tree would lock up, never travelled without a flat head screw driver and the heat didn't work (not good for Wisconsin winters). Frame was bent back in the day when it was flattened at the dump by a dump truck that tipped over from wind. Rebuilt with a slight lean.

1972 International pickup. Junk. Rusted out to the point the fenders would sway going down the road. Tailgate flew off and almost took out the mustang behind me. King pins in the steering were shot. Semi clutch. Hood was held in place with bungie cords. Parts impossible to find; ended up using plumbing parts on the cooling system just to keep it running.

1975 chevy pick-up, 350 with a 4 barrel carb. Rust bucket. Could watch the road go by under your feet in the cab; had to put wood down in the cab floor board for safety concerns. Ran ok with the exception of a fly-wheel missing a couple of teeth, resulting in carry a rachet and socket to advance the crankshaft so the starter would catch.

1991 ford F150. Solid truck until the back of the bed was crushed by a tractor-trailer that cut a corner too tight.

1985 Jeep Wrangler. Last of the AMC's (I believe the year is accurate, I've tried to drink away the repair memories of this vechile). Bought in Dallas, shipped to WI. Replace engine, canvass top, radator, carb, and had the trasmission rebuilt. Fun vechile to drive short distances (bucked like a bronco going down the road with oversized tires) when it was not in the shop. Even with all the repairs, I still miss driving it with the top and doors off.

1985 GMC pickup. Great vechile, ran great.

2007 Yukon Denali (current). Back to an American made vechile, and not regretting it (in addition to a 2001 BMW 330 xi). Great truck! Only minor complaint is with the interior wood trim not flush with in all places with the rest of the interior.

1974 Datsun pickup great little truck. destroyed in rear end accident

1983 Ford F150 4X4 This truck was a POS. 8 warranty issues in first year traded in for 1985

1985 F150 4X4 This truck had warranty issues that could never be resolved sold in 1987

1987 F150 XLT Lariat 4X4 37,000 miles front end goes out, engines blows up while under warranty, Tranny goes out at around 600 miles past warranty.

I'll never own another Ford again. Traded it in for 1991 Toyota 4X4 Extra Cab deluxe 3.0 V6

1991 Toyota Extra Cab deluxe 4X4 This is by far the best truck I've ever owned. It has almost 194,000 miles and it is still runing great. I doubt I'll ever get another truck this good ever again.

1994 Chevy Z-71 Reg Cab 5.7-sold it with over 300k miles, loved the truck, but the transmission then sure did suck

2000 Chevy Z-71 Reg Cab 5.3-loved everything about it, it became the company mud buggy-For Sale now with 275k miles and no major problems, but it did eat rear brakes, 4wd engagement motors, and u-joints

2004 Chevy Z-71 Ext Cab 5.3- still have it, but someone else in the company is driving it now with about 150k and no major problems, just the same minor problems as the 2000

1999 modified 4wd Toyota 4Runner-the grocery getter/large pop up camper tow vehicle that conquered Slickrock at Tellico-sold it with 100k and it now resides in Colorado

1991 Tiffin Allegro 31' Class A motorhome with a 454 TBI on a P30 chassis, it was cheap and is fun and sounds badass with long tube Thorley headers and a 3" exhaust, but I have my doubts on the narrow front end of the P30 chassis

1985 Toyota 4Runner-current offroad rockcrawler vehicle-indestructible

2007 Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab 4x4-what can I say, needed the gas mileage over the past Z-71's for all the miles I drive at work and it's a much better truck than the Colorado's I tested

2000 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4 6.0L-just bought this about 3 weeks ago with 105k miles, mainly for a family vacation machine and to tow my Rockcrawler when I'm not using the motorhome

Also have access to a 2001 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 6.0L at work

'71 F250 4x4, 390cid, stick. Pros: No rust. Could pull a 747. Cons: Got about 8 mpg, and leaked oil like a sieve. Sold it.

'74 Dodge D100 Adventurer ext cab 318cid - Pros: Ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. Broke the crank in two after 200k miles and it still ran and I drove it to the bone yard in '88. Cons: Needed gas every 10 minutes, and a tranny or two.

'91 Chevy 1500 2wd ext cab 305cid, stick. My dad had it, then gave it to me. Pros: Great on gas, ran great. Got 324K miles outta it. Cons: rusted out all along the bottom, BAD. Not really a "con", as I don't expect any vehicle NOT to be rusted out after 15 years of service. Air conditioning never worked right - I used it as a beater and didn't care.

'95 Chevy Silvy, ext cab, 5.7, stick. Pros: THE most dependable truck I've ever owned. Still driving it. 178K miles. Replaced 1 clutch and 1 fuel pump and the evap core (that job sucked). Other than that, just maintenance items. Cons: Had a speed sensor issue that haunted me for months, till I figured out it was the connector. Radio was a piece of junk.

'01 Silvy, ext cab, 4.8L 4x4. Pros: Don't know. Just inherited it from my dad when he passed in November. It sits in the driveway. Cons: Don't know, except that the backing plates on the rear brakes are gone...

'07 GMC Sierra WT, 5.3, 4x4 ext cab. Pros: Looks, ride, power, simplicity. Cons: The headlights could be a little brighter, and the jump seat armrest console thing is a pain in the a**. Could've come with body side mouldings and a cd player, but, it's a WT, not a big deal. Love the truck.

Archived