Trucks you have owned

1951 Ford F-1: Flathead V-8! Low oil pressure, ran kinda hot, but ran good. Easy to work on - every single part in the engine compartment was mission-critical. Radio was broken - needed new tubes. Vacuum wipers sucked.

1989 Ford Ranger STX: Gutless, but knew that going in. 4x4 with 4 speed. Extended cab with side facing seats - not much room. Fun little truck to slam around.

1997 Dodge Dakota 4x4 extended cab 4-speed: 318 V-8, chipped, headers. Powerful mill in a little truck. I liked this truck.

2002 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercrew: 5.4 V-8 was totally gutless, chipped, Vortech supercharger. Great room in rear seating area.

2007 GMC Sierra NBS 4x4 6.0L VortecMax: Dyno-tuned. Powerplant is stronger than my Ford was supercharged. Excellent room in rear seating area. Less storage than my Ford. DuHa underseat storage really helps out.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. 1990 Toyota SR5 4x4, 4" lift, 33 in.BFG's, good little truck until 89,000 mi. the head gasket blew, got fixed then sold.

2. 1995 Ford F-150, 5.0l, 6" lift, 35 in. BFG's, one of my favorite trucks, got totalled with around 78,000 mi.

3. 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500-HD, 6.0l, 3.73 gears, re-index keys on front (didn't like too stiff), good running truck, traded it.

4. 2004 Hummer H2, 6.0l, 4.10 gears, Awesome vehicle, got tired of getting flipped off from tree-huggin hippies and asked at every fill-up by some a$$ wipe..."What kind of gas milage you get with that, so I would say 12.5 mpg summer and 10.5 mpg winter (honestly...cai, exhaust, and light on the foot), they would reply Yeah right maybe 5 mpg's. More Hummer haters than likers, So I traded it.

5. 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500, 5.3l, 3.73 gears, All the goodies added from new, So far this truck is my favorite.

1972 Datsun: Was all I could afford at the time. Paid $500 for it and drove the piss out of it for a year. Sold it for $750 when I went into the service back in 1987.

1977 CK Chevy Stepside SWB: I loved this truck. I paid $1000 for it and drove it for 2 years. My buddy and I fixed it up from the ground up. Made it a 10.6 second truck (1/4 mile) and it still looked great when I sold it. I did lose money on it but the guy that bought it still has it in Louisiana (at least I knew he did a year ago).

1992 Toyota 4X4 Xtended Cab: I really liked this truck. I replaced the worn out 6 cylinder with a 350 CID and it could go through almost anything. I sold it to a teenage kid before I left Louisiana to go overseas (when Uncle SAM told me it was time to visit other countries). The kid totaled it in 3 days.

1986 Ford F-150 4X4: This truck was a beast. I had it when I was stationed up in Montana and it could climb anything. I sold it when I moved to Texas because it was a PITA to drive on the roads because it was so big! 38" Mickey Thompson Bajas with a 6" lift and 3" body lift.

1999 Toyota 4Runner 4X4 SR5: Mainly my wife's ride but I still took care of it.

2000 GMC Sierra 4X4: My current and most beloved rides. I bought it new and have had it ever since. I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

2007 Toyota 4Runner 4X4 Limited: Traded in the 1999 4Runner for this one. Of course it is hers but I pay for it! I liked the 99 4Runner better (the body style looked better IMO).

Current: 2005 Silverado 1500 Z71. Black/Pewter.

Likes: Great ride. Handles turns like a champ, Decent power. Off-road capabilities are unquestionable. It's made 2 trips to northern Ontario in the back country. No issues whatsoever.

Dislikes: Some of the body panels are pretty flimsy (i.e.: the roof), no imagination went into the design of the interior.

Past: 1991 Silverado C1500. Red/Gold

Likes: It never broke...EVER. I've needed to replace a few bearings, rear differential, and radiator, and a few other basic components, but the engine NEVER needed a major overhaul. The d**n thing just won't die! Even now my dad still uses it for a work truck and still hasn't had a problem. It's a tank!

Dislikes: Gas mileage. That's about it.

1995 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 Reg Cab, 302 V8 w/5 speed, Red/White

Liked: It was my first truck and I sold it for more than I gave for it 9 months later.

Disliked: Everything. Truck was a piece and was the first and last Ford I will ever own. I put only 4500 miles on it in the 9 month period I had it.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Ext Cab, 5.3L auto, Red/Pewter

Liked: Um.. what wasn't to like! I drove this when my Ford was in the shop.. which was pretty much all the time.

Disliked: Only had 3 doors, and the 3rd door squeaked like mad.

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Ext Cab, 5.3L auto, Red

Liked: This truck was great to me. Good lucks, good power, Lots of good memories!

Disliked: Floor shift 4wd, crazy gas gauge.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport, steel blue

Liked: It was fun.. got it to go to college in, but soon realized I couldn't handle not having a truck or 4wd.

Disliked: 2wd, goofy looking.

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Ext Cab, 5.3L auto, White

Liked: Truck was an LT meaning pretty dang loaded. Looked good and got me through 3 years of college.

Disliked: crazy gas gauge and many other quirks

2008 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Ext Cab 5.3L auto, White

Like: E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Once I get the funds to mod her up a little, she'll be oh so fine!!

Dislike: Fuzzy black lint magnet seats.

• 10 months later...

1988 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW 2WD 7.4L Ext Cab Long Bed w/4.10 or 11? rear- Likes- Torque monster, once hauled a Cat bulldozer that exceeded the towing limit by a good deal over 300 miles with no problems. Lots of room, and IMO the 1988-89 model years had the best looking front end to this day (with the 4 headlight config.) Dislikes- Mine had a 3 spd tranny, so it would be screaming at 60-70. Spongy brake pedal. Finally, as a big truck owner, I never whine about mpg, but this was the least efficient truck I've ever had, averging 8-10 mpg

2000 Chevy S10 2WD Ext Cab 4 cyl.- Likes- Big change from my first truck, but definitely loved this truck. It suited all my needs at the time, never broke down (and I ran the hell out of it), got decent gas mileage. Dislikes- The 120 hp 2.2L was grossly underpowered, which was made worse by the 4spd auto. (Manuals were hard to come by.) Factory Uniroyal tires were bald by 14,000 miles.

1998 Ford E-150 Cargo Van 2WD- Bought this van from the company I worked for at the time. To this day, that pile of crap was one of my favorite vehicles. Likes- It was big and could haul anything, the 4.6L V8 was nothing incredible, but produced plenty of power and never, ever once broke down. The cheap, two-speaker factory radio, combined with the acoustics from the bare cargo area, gave me sound that would seriously rival high end systems from luxury brands. Bass like you wouldn't believe! Had a limited slip rear end and the damn thing would plow through snow almost like a 4x4. Big, but with a stubby front end it was easy to park as a small car. Everything that shouldn't have worked by that time still did. (A/C, cruise, radio, etc.) Dislikes- As mentioned before, it was my beloved pile of crap at the time. It had 237,000 miles on it. It smelled. The trans had to be coerced into working when it was cold. To turn on the headlights, you pull out the switch, then bang the dashboard twice with your fist. I had to spraypaint the bumpers and wheels twice a year to cover the rust (and crappy factory paint job). The way Fords climate control system works is bizarre.

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD W/T Long Bed Reg Cab Likes- Bought this slightly used, put 157,000 miles on it without one, single problem the entire time. The 4.3L got good gas mileage for a fullsize. Once stretched a full tank over 600 miles. Basic, no frills, all around great truck, that never once let me down. Dislikes- It was VERY basic. Cruise was pretty much the only thing in it. Liked the gas mileage in the V6, but would have traded that in a heartbeat for the other 2 cylinders.

2006 Chevy Z71 Ext Cab 4x4- Likes- It was nice to finally try a 4x4. Good power. Well equipped. When going off-road this truck performed exceptionally. Dislikes- Good truck, but overall, it was probably one of my least favorites. Having the 4WD made the steering wheel overly heavy and hard to turn. Having owned a number of 2WD's, the whole truck felt too spongy for my liking. Didn't like having the regular 6.5 foot bed. Sorely missed the 8' Long Bed. Had a few minor warranty issues.

2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic 6.0L 2WD Ext Cab Long Bed- Likes- Equipped similar to my Z71 (maybe one step down), this truck takes any and all abuse I have thrown at it. Its built like a tank (and almost as big) I love having the 8' bed and the 2WD back. Definitely, all things considered, the best P/U I've owned so far. It Flowmastered and sounds beastly. Dislikes- The XCab long bed combo makes it interesting in tight areas (Of course, thats half the reason I love this truck). I sometimes wish I had sprung for the diesel. The whiny noise from the 5.3's and 6.0's drives me nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

I just turned 38 and this is a list of just the trucks I owned, now including cars;

1982 Chevy S-10(used as hoopty truck) aka beater

1982 Dodge Ram 150

1991 Dodge RamCharger

1994 Dodge Dakota Mark III

1995 Dodge Ram 1500 standard cab

1996 GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab (step side body)

1998 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off Road Extended cab

2002 Dodge Dakota standard cab

2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab

2007 GMC Sierra Crew( Cab-current)

2007 Chevy Tahoe-(current)

My favorite of the trucks listed above were 1st- 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off Road, 2nd GMC Sierra, 3rd 2005 Chevy Silverado, 4th 1982 Dodge Ram 150. I dont think I missed any!?

Main Trucks

K5 Jimmy 4x4, lifted, 33in mud tires, EFI 350. Pros-girls loved it, tons of power, went everywhere the Jeeps went. cons-got like 1/2 mpg, cops target it (traded)

1999 GMC Suburban 4x4 1500 SLT BfGoodrich KO's, Warn M8000 Pros- girls love it, fast, rode like a Bentley, good mpg, stunning good looks. cons- I traded it (traded)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali Pros-everything. Cons- girls don't like it, back to 1/2mpg (current)

2007 GMC 2500 D-max. Lets not get me started on that hunk of shit

Side toys

1972 International Scout II 345, auto, front/rear Dana 44's pros- was a tank. cons- rusted away (scraped)

1976 International Scout II 345, auto, front/rear Dana 44's, bullbumper, 3in lift pros- tank like. cons- rusting away also, bad tranny (current)

1999 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE pros- beauty, off-road capability, comfort, air suspension, front/rear solid axles. Cons- tricky electrics, lack of after market mods (totaled)

1999 Land Rover Discovery II sore subject

2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE pros- beauty, off-road capability, comfort, air suspension, front/rear solid axles, ARB bullbumper. Cons- tricky electrics, lack of after market mods (traded)

2005 Land Rover LR3 Trail Edition ARB bullbumper, M8000 Warn winch, BfGoodrich KO's Pros-none, run away. Cons- everything. Gave to my little sister for graduation, still leaking in my drive

1994 s10 4x4, loved it till it gave me some trouble and i borrowed a 2002 chevy 1500z71 from my uncle that works on cars and sells cars.

2002 silverado z71 bought the truck that was a loaner with 138k miles, loved that truck and used the hell out of it for a year traded last febuary with 155k miles for

2002 chevy tahoe 4x4 no complaints with the quality, i just want a bed again, I would love a duramax but cant afford to get it and keep my 2000 camaro z28.

will prolly trade the tahoe again in a couple months for another truck i see my uncle has a 2002 ext cab step side z71 with 162k mile but he want 7950 for it, more than its worth with that mileage in my opinion

Used 1969 Chevy C-10 6 cyl. longbed that I bought from my dad and drove in high school, I can still remember how heavy that hood was.

New 1987 Dodge Dakota V-6 longbed, drove it for about 75K miles until 1992. For a first year off the line model, it was virtually trouble free.

Used 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 clubcab, really not a "bad" truck, but I just outgrew it given the family I have, was a trade-in for...

New 2008 GMC Sierra, no problems so far and as a family carrier, it is a pleasure to drive on the long haul...the Dodge rode like a lumber wagon compared to it.

:fume:

2001 Ext cab F-150 4X4 in high school

2004 Ext Cab Z71 Silverado

got a 2005 ext Z71 Silverado cause i just had to have the leather seat and center console, then totaled it out

Then got another 2005 ext Z71 Silverado with a 3 inch body with the insurance money from the totaled Z71

And traded that in for my current 2007 Classic Crew Cab Z71 silverado, with a list to long to type of all the stuff added

1991 GMC Syclone, 4.3 turbo, AWD. LOVED IT! It was kind of like driving a guided missile. Mods: ATR Pit Bull chip, ATR auxillary intercooler kit, Kenne Bell cold air kit, custom bent single 3" exhaust.

1989 S-10 Blazer, 2.8, 4x4, 5-speed. This was a beater a.k.a. transportation special.

2000 Silverado, ext. cab/step side, 5.3, 4x4 Z71. Mods: Westin nerf bars, Extang tonneau, Stull billet grill, Husky liners, GM splash guards. I really liked this truck, however, I only drove it for a year. I traded it in on my Camaro SS.

2002 S-10 Xtreme, ext.cab/fleet side, 4.3. Mods: Catch-all Xtreme mats, Extang "full-tilt" tonneau, GM roll pan, custom bent dual tailpipe exhaust. This was a fun truck that I daily drove for 5 years. It was, however, very small and useless in the snow.

2008 Sierra VMax 4x4...the current truck. I LOVE this truck. It is such a pleasure to drive...

Archived