Trucks you have owned

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 EC/SB 5.7 2WD Pros-V8 and quick, Cons-blew tranny 7 times

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 SC/LB 5.9L 4WD Pros-4WD and strong motor, Cons-blew tranny and rear-end, only 9 MPG

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 CC/SB 5.3L 2WD Pros-GM baby, great truck, Cons- 2WD?

Started my automotive collecting in 1981 with a

- 73 Chev Nova with a rebuilt 283, loved the car, until I realized that I loved fishing and hunting more, so sold it. Pro's - fast, chicks digged it :lol: , pretty economical and fast. Con's -Terrible bush vehicle.

- Next came a 77 Chev 2wd PU for getting around. Great truck with the 6, went anywhere with chains. Pro's - Cheap transportation, Con's - 2wd

- Then came college, so I needed an economical car, so traded the truck in on a Chevy Citation , V6, 5 Speed hatchback. Ran good and i tried to kill it, but just could not. Except for the rust, ran good. Pro's - Cheap to run, good handling, standard V6 was pretty fast. Con's - terrible paint job, crapy suspension

- Once school was finished, traded the car in on an 85 Ruby Red Chev 3/4 ton PU, 350, 5 speed. Was an ok truck, but beat the crap out of me on the back roads and cost me a lot of money in gas and repairs. Sold it to guy who wanted it for his camper. Pro's - Good stump puller, good ground clearance, good bush truck. Con's - Gas pig, rough ride and cronick fuel problems.

- Bought an 87 Toyota 4x4 extra cab. Great truck and drove it until I wanted a newer one. Pro's - It was a toyota!!! Con's - Rust, Rust, Rust

- Traded the 87 in on my first new truck, a 92 Toyota Xtra cab, V6, 5 speed. This truck is amazing. I still have it as my hunting/fishing truck. It has 250000K on it and other than reg maintenance, has cost me nothing to own. Great Truck!!! Pro's - It is a toyota, great 4x4 system, will go where most others will not. Con's - Rust, Rust, Rust, underpowered V6 for pulling a 4000 lbs boat.

- In 2002, a little girl came along that had us decide to upgrade to a bigger truck, so off we went and bought a 2001 Chev extra cab SB, 5.3l LT. This truck was great. Pro's - good gas mileage, lots of room and nice ride. Con's - Chevy stealerships :sigh: , Piston Slap, Clunky drive line and terrible paint on the rocker panels behind the wheels.

- Now looking for an 06 CC to replace the older truck.

Cheers

KD

• 10 months later...

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton long bed, blue and rust, it was beat when I got it and I beat on it more, hauling anything for 5 months, parted it out for more than I bought it for.

2001 Silverado s/b reg cab LS with only 4.8, auto, G80 3.73, chrome package for options, black. lowered 3/4, 17 Denali wheels with smooth caps, GMC side trim, escalade handles, rhino liner. very quick truck for what it was, loved it put 80K on it, sold it to buy a 4wd

2006 Silverado LT ext cab reg bed, red, 4x4 not Z71, no fender flares, 5.3 flex fuel, G80 3.42, 36K on it, came from factory with bad tires, had numerous problems with warped front rotors, bad alignment. Upgrading shocks and changing all drivetrain fluids this weekend.

Mostly a car guy, '69 Camaro 12 sec driver, 3 '77-78 Trans am, 68 Firebird, 4 5.0 Mustangs, 89 Firebird Formula, 88 GTA, 91 Camaro bought with 20K miles drove to 60K, 70 Camaro drag car sold as project, 71 Camaro drag car 11 on motor mid 10 on nitrous, many others that got parted out, 70 Mach 1, 2 70 chevelles, etc.

Currently still have the '69 Camaro pro-touring driver rebuild (434 gen 1 sbc, T56, 9" 4.11 already in it, vintage air), and a '63 Impala on the back burner.

1981 El Camino - 305 what a dog. But, the most comfortable bench seat I've ever sat in. I really like it.

1977 Cheyenne Step Side 2WD- 350 went over 300k and didn't need to be pulled. I just insisted on putting a 406 in it. My favorite, I'll never sell it.

1975 Suburban 2WD - 454 only had it a year. Drove it to prom with each row of bench seats full.

1973 Cheyenne Fleet Side Long Bed 2WD- 454 burn out machine. I especially liked the fuel economy gauge the previous owner installed. 2 tanks emptied out very quickly, but what a great truck.

1990 Suburban 2WD - 350 TBI. Fully loaded. I beat this truck bad. I swear, if you drink enough, you could urinate in the tank and that TBI motor would gladly run off of it.

1991 Suburban 4WD - 350 TBI. Fully loaded. 4" lift w/33's Should have had 35's, but those tires really dogged down the truck. Still love the looks of lifted SFA Chevy's the most.

2000 Sonoma 2WD - 4.3 Vortec I wish I still had this one. Had it for about 5 years, and never gave me any problems. I put WAY too much money into it, but it was my first new truck, so I babied it. That truck was never dirty more then 2 days straight. Sold it to a 16 year old, and he totaled it within 3 months.

1998 Corvette - 5.7 LS1 My first time with an LS motor. It was love at first drive. It was an auto (I know, but I paid $22,000 and it only had 18K on it.) with a Precision Industries 3K stall. Tuned, air intake, ditched the 2.73's for 3.42's, etc. I totaled it horribly. Driver error yes, but I also put some blame on the Goodyear Run Craps. I'm now hooked on Vette's, and when the kids are older, I'll be back in one.

1987 Silverado 4WD Long Bed - 350 TBI TH400 Power everything, dual shocks, dual tanks. Had every single option except for the 454. I pretty much gave it to may dad after about a year. Another truck I wish I had held on to. He drove it about 4 more years, then sold it.

2003 Sierra 2500HD 4WD ECSB - DMax Probably the best truck I've ever had. 6" RCD 35's, Edge w/Juice, Magnaflow exhaust, AFE intake. Seriously, a fast truck. Pulled anything I put behind it, and pulled down a tick under 23mpg going 70mph on the highway.

2006 Sierra 2500HD 2WD ECLB - 6.0 Impulse buy. Got it used for $20,000 with 16 miles on it. I know, how did that happen? Dude ordered it as a cab and chassis, then backed out because it had too many options for a work truck. It was sold at auction to the dealer I bought it from. GM slapped a bed on it, and gave it the 5/100k warranty. Then I sold it 6 months later because my wife got pregnant. Ex cab wasn't cutting it for her. Sold it for $23,000 so I can't complain.

2006 Sierra 2500HD 4WD CCSB - 6.0 Got it for $20,000 nearly fully loaded with 20k on the clock. Too good of a deal to pass up. Car seats fit great, and the wife likes it too. Came with Line-X, and I added mufflers, tune, Airhog, and 285's. I really like the truck. I may keep it for a long time. I hope.

Crap! I forgot the 04 Sierra 1500 4WD ECSB - 5.3 Too tired to type.

1999 Chvey S-10 Xtreme ext cab...

Slammed on air ride and tuckin 20's

custom sound system with 3 12's in ext cab

2005 GMC Canyon C/C...

GM Nerf bars, mud gaurds and grill insert

Vent visors

BFG AT's

1983 Ford ranger....do I have to say what was wrong with it :smash::lurk::lol:

and my 2003 Silverado that I currently have ....only thing that's wrong with it is its not a diesel and not 4X4. Easily fixed I know...but I would take too much of a hit on it to trade it in. SO I'll just keep it and buy a diesel later on.

First: 1996 Silverado.

-Likes: It was a really really clean truck and my first one. It was paid off.

-Dislikes: It started burning oil at 105k so I traded it in for my 03.

red96.jpg

Second/Current: 2003 Silverado.

-No dislikes or complaints. Except it not being paid off.

rimz013.jpg

1968 Datsun - Was my first truck and bought back around 1974 or so. Put a cheap canopy on it and some chrome wheels, then pulled the muffler. Fun truck and was a daily driver for about a year. Also used it to pull a 16' ski boat.

1958 Chevy 3100 Apache- Got this from a guy where I bought parts. It had a 400-inch Pontiac and Turbo 400. Was a handful with the I-beam front axle and no power steering. Had to rebuild the front suspension which involved new king pins and heating the axle to straighten it for alignment. Went thru a couple of rear ends. Fun cheap hot rod. Lots of rust on the floor and fenders.

1962 C10 Got this from a family friend. Had a 235 6-cylinder and 3 speed with OD that worked. Was a winter beater but helped with moving stuff and yard work. Fun to drive and the OD provided a decent 18 mpg.

1986 S-10 This was the basic 4-cyl and 4-speed work truck I bought from my ex-boss. Fun little truck but no real interior room. The 153-inch motor was one that kept eating head bolts. One or two of the back bolts would keep breaking. Guess it was a problem with certain years of that particular motor. Great daily driver and good mileage. Had a wide set of Cragar S/S reverse wheels and wide tires. Not fun to parallel park.....

1993 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab First brand new truck. This had the 4.0 V6 and was a very nice and completely dependable daily driver. Took a few ski trips in it and even without 4WD it did very well in the snow. Kept is for 6 years and traded it for the '99 Silverado.

1999 Silverado Ext Cab Z71 Trade the Ranger in on this. LT trim and pretty much loaded. The 5.3L motor worked fine for daily driving and even hauling my car and trailer. Outside of a battery failure in '02, I never had one bit of trouble with it. Kept this one for nearly 9 years and traded it for my '08

2008 Silverado Ext Cab LTZ Z71 and 6.0L motor After having this truck for about 18 months now, it's far better than the '99 was. Has many more options, smoother ride and the power of the 6 liter motor compared to the '99's 5.3 is impressive. Only problem so far was a leak in the tranny front pump seal and that was fixed under warranty.

Kyle,Don't you still have your '96?

Whoops forgot that one :smash: I don't have it anymore. I sold it last July and made $1100 bucks off of it :lurk:

Here it is, I owned this one for 8 or so months

Dislikes: Paint was shit, it was re-painted by some half ass painter and taped off all the molding, chrome rockers and door handles. And had some surface rust.

Picture023.jpg

1978 Chevrolet CK20, regular cab, 8' box, 350cid, 4 speed manual (3 speeds w/granny gear) - Bought used in 1984 in CA when I lived there. It was set up for dual fuel, had an 80 gallon propane tank in bed. Also had two 20 gallon gas tanks. Drove it east four years later to Vermont. Kept it 11 years, cab corners started rusting as soon as it was driven on salty roads. Sold in 1995.

1988 GMC 2500, 4WD, ext cab, 8' box, 350cid, 4 speed auto - Bought used in 1995. Kept for 4 years. Auto transmission crapped out twice. Previous owner installed a dump bed kit which was pretty cool at times. Cab corners started rusting. Sold in 1999.

1999 Dodge Ram 1500, 4WD, ext cab, 8' box, 360cid, 4 speed auto - Bought brand new in 1999. No real issues except the intake gasket issue that the Rams were known for. Fixed by dealer. Traded in 2002 at 48,000 miles.

2002 Chevrolet 1500HD, 4WD, crew cab, 6.5' box, 6.0L, 4 speed auto - Bought brand new in 2002. Needed various repairs after 100,000 miles. Biggest one was the transmission crapped out earlier this year at 147,000 miles. Should have traded this truck at 100,000 miles. This would have made this truck my best. Traded in Oct 2009 at 159,000 miles.

2009 GMC 1500, 4WD, ext cab, 6.5' box, 5.3L, 4 Speed auto - Bought new Oct 2009.

Archived