Trucks you have owned

Wow, how could I have missed this thread?!

I've only had 3 but here they are in order of purchase...

1979 Ford Bronco

Lifted 12" with 44" Ground Hawg's and a 460 from a station wagon.

PROs: was literally unstopable in the Midwest mud holes. Fun as hell in the summer with the top off. Not the prettiest truck which made getting dings and dents a non-issue! (I was 21 when I bought it)

CONs: lifted so much it was sooo illegal and cops loved to hassle me. Gone.

1986 Jeep Grand Cherokee XJ

PROs: None. Piece of $hit. Well, maybe one, The Detroit soft-locker that would propel that thing thru more mud and dirt than I thought possible. People were quite amazed seeing it out at the local wheelin' hole.

CONs: The worst engine on Earth. I think it was a 3.8L.

Bought it at age 25 after I landed a real job paying real money. Gone.

2001 Burban 2500 "The Battleship!"

PROs: Nice and comfy. Full power interior works nice. 100,000+ miles and each oil analysis I get from Blackstone after my oil changes says it's got much more left in it!

CONs: IFS front end. I know GM is going for comfort but a solid axle would lift easier! Kinda bouncy suspension but that's what a 2500 gives ya I guess. Could use WAY more power.

Bought it in 2001 when I was 30. If the Excursion wasn't so new at that time, I woulda got one of them with a Diesel. :cheers:

Still have it.

Later,

Ed

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1995 Ram 1500 w/t v6 RC 8' bed. It was cheap.

1998 Ford F150 Nascar Edition RC CB 4.6 2wd. Awesome Truck. Still miss it. Looked beautiful. Lowered 2/4. Dual Side Pipes. Blacked out including powdercoated nascar rims.

2001 S-10 2.2 auto exted cab. Cute little truck.

2004 Silvberado 1500 extd cab 4x4 5.3 auto. The love of my life.

I've only owned two and a half trucks myself, but my father has had five so far (since I was born, anyhow).

Mine:

1994 Geo Tracker 2wd covertible. This is the 1/2 truck. It does ride on a full frame, unlike all the other cute utes. It was a base model + the uplevel wheels and side moldings. Mystic magenta metallic w/white top and black spare tire cover & the flourescent green looking Geo / Tracker decals. My wife swore it was "pink" so I kept the window sticker in the glove box for anyone that wanted to argue. I originally bought this as a second vehicle for her to get around in, but then she started driving the '92 Corolla instead, so I got stuck. Disregarding the colors and anemic 16 valve four cylinder, it was actually a lot of fun. Especially when you opened the top. :cheers:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT 4x4- Summit white. See pics of this one in my Garage here on the site. Terrific family vehicle, excellent in snow, rode better than just about any other vehicle I've ever been in, maybe a bit wallowy at times though. Wish I could afford to keep >2 vehicles, and I'd still have it. Didn't have any real issues with mine (nothing serious, and nothing dealership service dept.s didn't take care of in 1 visit), unlike a lot of reports from other owners.

2004 Chevrolet Silverado EC SB Z71, 5.3l & 3.73 rear- Arrival blue. My current ride and so far favorite vehicle. LOADS of aftermarket stuff of all types available. Almost too much. I'm still debating the direction I'll be taking for some things in the future. (This is gonna be a long term relationship :thumbs:)

Dad's:

1971 Chevrolet K1500 RC LB, forest green w/white upper cab and wood bed floor, 350 and 3 speed on the tree. He bought it used but in good shape. We used and abused it for just about any truck job that it could possibly do (yep, had the bumper draggin a few times). He finally put money into restoring it a few years ago, and it's like new now including the ugly factory wheels. He had some nice Chromeys on it before. :P) Rarely comes out of its garage now.

Edit: whoops, I lied a bit here. The front and rear bumpers aren't factory any more. MUCH beefier welded steel units on it now than what the factory supplied. That was a good change.

1972 Chevrolet K-series Blazer. Bright red w/white top. Not sure what engine it had (350 or 305?), but also had the 3 speed on the tree. My grandfather won this one in a raffle. Sold it to my father many years later (1980?). Was a pretty capable vehicle, if a bit plain inside by current standards. It did have an aftermarket 8 track deck installed though. :chevy: I don't think the top was ever off of it. Dad eventually sold it. No clue where it got to.

1989 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado trim RC LB. Dad bought it used around 1992. I believe this one had a four speed manual transmission (I'd moved out by this point). It was pretty nice, light blue / white two-tone with diamond plate wheel-to-wheel running boards. He didn't keep it too long, maybe a year or two. Can't say much about how it worked (other than he wasn't too happy with it or he'd have had it longer).

1998 Chevrolet K1500 SC SB Z71 350 automatic, black, black, black. Did I mention it was black? Really sharp when clean, but a bear to keep that way. Dad's real favorite. He just sold it (they claimed they had too many cars and couldn't get rid of one of the others right now :driving:).

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Some shade of brown so dark that it was the same as black, imo.. This was mom's baby mainly. Got it for a daily driver to cross the mountains between their home and her work (4wd really useful in the winter in WV). They traded it for a Subaru Legacy Outback (1998 or so model) when mom decided that the cost of payments, gassing it up, and insurance was too much.

2004 Chevrolet Silverado EC SB Z71. Dad actually bought this a month or two before I bought mine. Same drivetrain, different equipment. His is two-tone- Red (the lighter shade Chevy's been using lately, not the dark carmine or whatever it's called) over sandstone. This is their token "daily" driver 4wd "truck". In truth the Subaru does most of what they need a 4wd for now, while this usually does the real "truck" stuff (hauling, towing). Dad's not real impressed with either the power or the gas mileage and has mentioned that he thinks the other 350's he's owned felt stronger. I won't be surprised if he trades it off after only having it a year or two. (It's not a bad truck, but I think he really misses the 98 so this one suffers by comparison).

1966 Chevy C20 - A beater but it was my first vehicle

1965 GMC 2500 - Another beater with a stakebed

1968 Dodge - A fixer upper project that I sold quickly

1974 Ford E300 van - A great hauler

197? Ford F150 - A real pile of junk but it ran.

1996 Chevy extended cab - Nice truck

1999 Chevy extended cab - Nice truck but underpowered with a 4.8

2001 Chevy 2500HD crew cab - 8.1, great truck, Still own

1963 Chevy C30 Panel Van - Former fire rescue vehicle, 13,000 miles, still own

1973 GMC Astro Semi Tractor - A big toy!

1952 Dodge 1 1/2 ton Dumptruck - Another toy

1959 Ford F-850 fire engine - Still another toy

1956 Dodge 1 ton pickup - bought it for parts

I guess that's it.

1990 Ford Ranger Ext Cab 2wd - I loved that truck. I beat the living daylights out of it and never had a problem with it. It had the 2.9L V6 and an automatic tranny.

1990 Ford F-150 Ext Cab 4wd - Great truck nothing but routine maintenance. One of the best engines ever made 300 I-6 Manual 5 spd. I wish i still owned this one I keep seeing the guy that purchased it off of me in 2000 driving it around.

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4wd - Awsome truck but it had no seating for babies in the back (car seats) and i was planning on starting a family in a few yrs. 2.7L 4cyl manual tranny. Once again this was a truck i should not have gotten rid of.... But i needed the extra seating.

2003 Chevy Silverado 4wd Z71 - Nice truck but it lacks something that my toyota had but im not quite sure what it is. Anyway i like it but the gas mileage sucks compared to the toyota also.

93 S-10 RC, 4.3, Auto Loved it, Forest green, great little truck, was involved in 4 car pileup, I was the cue ball, Buick stationwagon was the stick.

97 S-10 EC, 4.3, 5 speed Loved it, Dark Cherry Metallic, Family grew, but the truck didn't.

89 S-10 EC, LT4, Auto Did all the plumbing, wiring, etc, had friends lends hand, loved it as well, but family grew and the wallet didn't. Ran 13.4 @ 101 at rockingham. Yesterday was 1 yr selling anniv. :driving:

00 Silvy, EC, 5.3, Auto Good truck, bought used, but in good shape, really enjoying the poop out of it.

ok heres my little list but have an interesting one

1977 chevy luv stepside : extreamly rare this truck had the awsome isuzu 1.8 in wich i had put headers and some other mods on it not to mention how much they didnt help this truck, i wish i put a v8 in it, the truck was aparently offered as a chassis cab and then outfitted with a stepside bed. everyone always geeked out when i tryied to enter in a car show. bright yellow, lowered with mustang mach 1 seats about $5000 invested (what a wast)

1988 gmc s-15: load of crap but i loved that truck and the coolest thing is you dont have to worry where you park cuz the paint is already meased up

it was black , 5spd , and lots of junk in the back but only paid $200

1989 gmc jimmy: the cadilac of the 80s i guess w/the imfamous digital dash and lots of bells and whisstls,4.3 auto w.cruize nothing special else

1995 s10 : the lowrider if i can find the pics ill send them but recently sold this one i fully customized this truck lowered custom paint you name it exept the air bags and still missing the v8 conversion

2001 silverado: awsome truck why bother w/little trucks when the big ones have all the horses you need 4.8 5spd man that thing was fast, black, 2dr reg cab, and busted alot of fords in the butt

2004 gmc seirra : i currently own this on and i guess i got to keep this one got the gm discount so cant beat it , 4x4, dynatech headers ,corsa exaust ,5.3 liter and to lots more but honestly nothing bad to report thanks to gmc for an awsome truck

Here's mine in the order they were received :driving:

1988 Chevy Camaro SC: This was my first car; got it when I was 16. She's everything I was looking for at that time in a Camaro. Had T Tops, NO power locks/windows/hatch, NO A/C. Also had a 305 Tuned Port motor out of a 1985 IROC dropped in. It was rebuilt and had 3K on it when I got it. Now she has Accel injectors, Hypertech chip, Flowmaster muffler, 165* thermostat, 3.27 Posi BW 9-bolt rear from an 89 Formula 350 w/ PBR disc brakes, TPIS airfoil, 92 Z28 25th Anniversary rims, NO Air Injection :P:D:D:cheers: Will never get rid of her. May get a Corvette L98 350 w/ aluminum heads one day to replace the 305. But the 305 runs good now so that'll stay.

1989 Dodge Dakota SCLB 4x4: Was a project in my high school auto shop. Paid $500 for it. Push button O/D didn't work so it was only a 3-speed, and it slipped bad from 2nd to 3rd. 3.9 V6 was indestructible. 4x4 was manual shift. Power everything, but A/C didn't work. Wish I still had her; she was a good little truck and she went everywhere I wanted her too. Heck one night the engine overheated to where coolant was bubbling IN the motor, and she died on the exit ramp. Started her up next day, did a thermostat change, ran like a champ from then on.

1999 Dodge Dakota Sport SCSB: PIECE OF CRAP!!! I mean, a reliable truck, but it was a 4cyl 5sp. Struggled to climb small hills. Liked the infinity sound system, except the CD player. Swapped that out for a Sony. Traded this in for the next one:

1996 Dodge Dakota ECSB: This was the SLT model. Top of the line; every option except it wasn't 4x4. Excellent truck; great gas mileage and power; a blast to drive. Auto tranny was perfect, and everything worked flawlessly. The motor always had an intermittent stumble/stall problem and I did a tune-up, replaced the timing chain and added tensioners, and replaced the IAC. SHe ran much better but still stumbled once in a while. Traded her in for the next one:

2001 Chevy Silverado Z71 ECSB: FINALLY GOT MY SILVERADO! :thumbs: I looked for her hard and wouldn't settle for less than what I wanted. Black, LS, 4,8 or 5.3, auto, 4x4. She also had a VForce muffler, chrome nerf bars, vent visors, bug deflector, and chrome bedcaps added by previous owner. She has the 4.8 with a K&N FIPK intake and I love it. Only thing I have added to the truck was a set of OEM fender flares I got for $100 at a swap meet. Has about 82K on her (had about 77K when i got her) and I got her for a deal at $12K after my 96 Dakota trade in. Will keep this truck till she falls apart and haven't looked back on my purchase yet.

---Kevin :chevy:

deck%20010.jpg

1989 GMC 1 ton van 5.7 TBI

Like: Smooth running now that I fixed the engine.

All the power that I need.

Only paid $500 for it 3 years ago

Dislike: Old, seems like something breaks every week.

Gas mileage.

Stiff suspension.

busred%20006.jpg

1994 Ford E350 Bus. 7.3L IDI Diesel

Like: Lots of room.

Lots of Torque.

Diesel engine.

Propane injection.

Smooth ride.

Good mileage for size.

Dislike: Diesel prices.

Here are my trucks in the order that i bought them:

1989 Silverado reg cab, short bed, 4x4 (can't rember if it was a 1500 or 2500). I bought this truck in 98' it was a pretty neat truck, but a gas guzzler with high milage (almost 200,000miles) and the engine went a few months after I sold it.

1988 Silverado 2500 ext cab, 4x4, long bed I got this beast of burden in 00' I hauled a lot of boats and building materials with this baby and there was'nt a task she could'nt accomplish! I bought it with just about 100,000 miles and didn't learn until I sold it how big the difference is between a long bed and a short one.

1990 Silverado 2500 ext cab, 4x4, short bed I purchased this truck in 02' and it only had 55,000 miles which is an amazingly low amount of miles for a 14 yr old truck. This was hands down the best truck I've ever owned, the interior was like new and the exterior had only very minor defects, it came with a camper top which I admit was ulgy but d**n comvinent. The only thing that would have made this truck better would be a long bed. The biggest problem that I had with is was that a small seal deep inside the tranny "flipped" and the mechanic charged me the same price of a tranny rebuild but did'nt have to change anything but the seals :cheers:

I now drive a 99' silverado 1500 ext cab, 3rd door, 4x4, 5.3. I must admit that this is most comfortable and fastest vehicle I've ever owned but with that said I'd much more prefer a 2500 long bed, not being able to shut of the auto head light feature is a pain and four dours would be much better.

not being able to shut of the auto head light feature is a pain and four dours would be much better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does pushing the dome overide button 4 times not work? Do 99's have that button?

not being able to shut of the auto head light feature is a pain and four dours would be much better.

Does pushing the dome overide button 4 times not work? Do 99's have that button?

They have the button,But the '99's are not programmed to shut them off,Only 2000's and up.

1990 SCSBStedSide 1500 2WD-Totally fun once the 3.08's were tossed for 3.73's. Gauge cluster sucked and the TBI 350 was a turd. 2nd gear in the 700r4 needed to be lower.

1995 ECSBStepSide 1500 2WD-Nice Dash, Nice Grill, comfortable seats. Loved the pullout beer holder. Loved the Fold out writting pad in the center console. Loved the space under the dash next to the center console so I put a console rack for my CB Radio and Police Scanner. Real nice. Extra Cab was little tight. The G80 Lockers were turds and I blew 2 of them. TBI 350 was a turd even after all my mods. 2nd gear in the 4L60-E needed to be lower.

1999 ECSBStepSide 1500 4WD-New Body Style, gorgeous interior, confortable seats, highreving 5.3L V-8, upgraded G80 Locker. GM got it right. ExtraCab seating space was plenitful. Mirror defrosters worked well. Pulling up on the beer holders allows for strategic placement of my Glock 40 Cal. After I lifted it I hated the AutoTrac 4WD because the front driveshaft always spun. 2nd gear in the 4L60-E needed to be lower.

2004 CCSB 2500HD 4WD-Love the way the new headlight design projects light. I love the cut angles on the front end because it is easier to see sharp driveway turns at night. The power from the Vortec 6000 w/4.10 gears is very acceptable for a 7000lb truck. The room of the crew cab has me spoiled. Bose Stereo is wonderful for a *stock choice* for a person who likes his stereo equipment to match the rest of the interior and not look cheesy with adapters. The Fog Lights actually work. Steering wheel controls spoil me. Power Extending mirrors are wonderful when towing. A solid 14mpg on my work commute is better than expected. Pulling the beer holders up still allows for a strategic place to hold my Glock 40 Cal AND now that I am engaged, fun money too. The 4L80-E needs a LOWER 1st gear and a HIGHER OverDrive for MY needs, but the close ratios are wonderful for a 4-speed that is towing. The 6 speed Auto for 2007 would be PERFECT.

1982 GMC 3/4 4x4 single cab 6.2L diesel

* what a tank! wish I had it back

* front auto locking hubs would stay locked in the winter until I changed the greast out to a different grease

* auto tranny would puke about every 100,000 miles

* 6.2L diesel was a gut-less wonder with tons of problems

1996 GMC 1/2 ton 2x4 super cab 4.6L vortec

* beautiful color of green

* gutless engine

1994 Ford Bronco 351ci Eddie Bauer

* LOVED it; gobs of torque

* only problem was keeping it together; bought it used, and needed more repair to get it back to pristeen condition than I had $$$ for

1998 Ford F-150 4x4 supercab 5.4L

* By far my favorite interior setup of any vehicle I've ever driven

* 5.4L was good on power, but, sucked on MPG

* Had a cat-back exhaust from flowmaster; sounded heavenly

* would still have it if it weren't for my ex-wife

2002 GMC 2500 4x4 supercab 6.0L

* plenty of power for the average guy, and get the same if not better MPG than my old ford's 5.4L

* wish you could turn off torque management with a factory button for times when you wanted to "get nasty" with it

* spot about the size of a grapefruit in the paint peeled off when washing it last week; guess GM still has problems with white paint

* smoothest riding 4x4 I've owned

* overall my favorite for power vs. MPG vs. comfort

* about any aftermarket exhaust makes this thing a LOUD truck; have considered going back to factory muffler a time or two

1986 Dodge caravan. Does this count as a truck? anyway it was the hand me down I got when I was 15 and got my liscense.

1988 GMC S-15 Grand dad passed and I got his truck

1976 Ford Bronco swapped a handgun for it. thats the only ford I ever had/ will have. But it was cool 3 on the tree and my first 4x4

1995 GMC 1500Z-71 My first REAL truck

1995 Toyota 4runner sr5 4x4 Ricer. It sucked for about three months till......

1998 Chevy Z-71 7" suspension lift 3" body lift 35's waiting on 37 then I had to get rid of it. :P

1997 Nissan 4x4 Un stop able. It took a while to get moving but with 31"tsl's it just kept going and going and ........

1996 Chevy Z-71 POS not really just little stuff here and there. Was happy when it got totaled

NOW 2000 RC Z-71 best one yet. Wreched :D And wouldn't let them total it. 100k miles and just starting to run. :thumbs: Great truck and bad a$$ in 4low.

Were we souposed to include cars also? Whats sad is I'm only 27 and the last 4 I have had the longest.

Archived