what MPG you getting ?

My 2001 2wd Silverado gets 24.5 mpg (Canadian Gal) highway, that is around 22 mpg US.

Urban driving is 19 mpg Cdn or 17 US.

My travel trailer weighs close to 5000 lbs and I average 15 mpg Cdn highway or 13.5 mpg US.

I only run 87 octane, next time we go on a long trip towing, I will try a tank of Sunoco gold 94 octane to see what kind of mileage and power I get.

The exhaust and the K&N filter has not improved my over all every day driving mileage, maybe by 1 mpg tops and it feels like I have lost bottom end power, towing gave me 3 mpg on the highway and my engine runs 10F degree's cooler.

I think 13-14 MPG in town with a Burb is probably about average for this large vehicle. With my Sierra 5.3, I get about the same mileage in town, and it is a few hundred pounds lighter than your Burb.

If this mileage is too low, you simply have the wrong vehicle. Sell your new Burb and get a Toyota Corolla and a heavy foot in town will get you 25 MPG.

This is a physics problem: A heavy mass takes a lot of energy (gas) to accelerate it from rest and move it down the road. If you enjoy driving a large, heavy, high profile vehicle don't complain about poor mileage....it is part of the ownership package....

I think 13-14 MPG in town with a Burb is probably about average for this large vehicle.  With my Sierra 5.3, I get about the same mileage in town, and it is a few hundred pounds lighter than your Burb.

If this mileage is too low, you simply have the wrong vehicle.  Sell your new Burb and get a Toyota Corolla and a heavy foot in town will get you 25 MPG.

This is a physics problem:  A heavy mass takes a lot of energy (gas) to accelerate it from rest and move it down the road.  If you enjoy driving a large, heavy, high profile vehicle don't complain about poor mileage....it is part of the ownership package....

Ummmm...... no one was complaining. No need to shoot anyone down.

Im getting 14.5 city and 16.5 hwy. And when I am on the hwy its a turn pike so I am doing 80 to 85 depending on the flow of traffic.

I think 13-14 MPG in town with a Burb is probably about average for this large vehicle.  With my Sierra 5.3, I get about the same mileage in town, and it is a few hundred pounds lighter than your Burb.

If this mileage is too low, you simply have the wrong vehicle.  Sell your new Burb and get a Toyota Corolla and a heavy foot in town will get you 25 MPG.

This is a physics problem:  A heavy mass takes a lot of energy (gas) to accelerate it from rest and move it down the road.  If you enjoy driving a large, heavy, high profile vehicle don't complain about poor mileage....it is part of the ownership package....

Ummmm...... no one was complaining. No need to shoot anyone down.

Im getting 14.5 city and 16.5 hwy. And when I am on the hwy its a turn pike so I am doing 80 to 85 depending on the flow of traffic.

I have a 2002 Tahoe LT 4WD and I am getting about 14.1 in the city and about 17.5 on the highway. This was before the predator programmer was installed. I will post the new MPG numbers once I find out. :thumbs:

I average around 14.5-15 strickly heavy footed city driving. Mixed driving I average about 17. On a purely highway trip I get between 19-22.5mpg. Remember I have added a full k&n intake which I have also done some mods to make it ram air and a JBA cat-back exhaust. This is on a 2002 silverado w/5.3.

I average about 12.0 mpg city and 14.0 mpg highway in my '01 Tahoe with the 5.3L. But I have a body lift and 35" tires. I do compensate for the tires due to the mileage on the odometer being slightly off but the extra size, weight, etc. takes its toll on the fuel mileage.

2005 5.3 Sierra 4x4, I'm getting around 14-15 in the city and 19 or so on the highway. That's with a moderate foot. Decent acceleration off the line but I keep it moderate once I get going. Friggin' 3.42's don't help. If I could change one thing about my truck, that'd be it.

Archived