air deflector under bumper

well back in jan while playing in some snow i had a boo boo and had to get a new bumper and trim cap. i liked the way in looked without the air deflector so left it off. anyone else do this. i dont notice any difference in the ride. does it really serve a purpose? its a 2000 chevy 2500 4x4 ec lb

I know on the NBS truck they say not to remove it. It has something to do with the proper airflow through the radiator.

Even in the directions for mounting plows it says to leave it on and only cut or trim the area needed for the plow mounts.

I know on the NBS truck they say not to remove it. It has something to do with the proper airflow through the radiator.

Even in the directions for mounting plows it says to leave it on and only cut or trim the area needed for the plow mounts.

The air dam is for aerodynamics and fuel mileage. Doesn't have much affect on the cooling. Tons of people have those tube front bumpers and don't have cooling problems. Guy that lives next to me accidentally ripped his off the front of his 1500HD and he never did put it back on. That has been at least 2 years.

That being said, They look like crud without it.

whats nbs?

NBS="New Body Style" truck ('99-up)

That is speaking for the pick up line, as far as I know all of the '99 Yukons and Tahoes are OBS. I sent an E-mail to mygmlink and the reply was there was only one body style for the 1500 suv's in '99.

whats nbs?

That is speaking for the pick up line, as far as I know all of the '99 Yukons and Tahoes are OBS. I sent an E-mail to mygmlink and the reply was there was only one body style for the 1500 suv's in '99.

Your right,For '99 the SUV's are all the "OBS" trucks,But for 2000 they made both the "OBS" and the "NBS" in both the SUV's and Pickup's,It can get a little confusing :cheers:

this is probley off the topic on this discusion but it might be interesting i work at a gm dealer on the east coast and we noticed the new suburbans and tahoes , along with the gmc in the same platform have an additional air dam under the one witch also has your fog lamps and if im not mistaken the new silverados and seirra also have this.

whats nbs?

Your right,For '99 the SUV's are all the "OBS" trucks,But for 2000 they made both the "OBS" and the "NBS" in both the SUV's and Pickup's,It can get a little confusing :cheers:

Actually only HD models were avail OBS in 2000. 99' was the final year for the OBS on half tons.

whats nbs?

Actually only HD models were avail OBS in 2000. 99' was the final year for the OBS on half tons.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Do we really have to have this conversation everytime the letters NBS or OBS are mentioned.

*rant over*

Archived