Grease Fiitings, Wiper blade Size, Wesleys Spray for wheels

I figured id make one topic

Ok what kinda windshield wiper blades should i get what size are they (22"?) just want to verify

Westleys bleach stuff.  Dont wanna get it on the rims how do you guys apply? Rag?

Grease fittings I plan on lubing the chassis tomorrow (pending rain) i havent done this yet (let dealership do it every 3-4K miles but since they messed up my tire pressure that one time i am doing it now).  I know wherre they are located just how much grease (mobil 1) do i use?

Thanks probably wont check this site till later tonight so if i dont respond i apologize.  Thanks in advance however

For the grease fitting it's a good idea to get a gun with a 12" flexible hose.  There are 3 or 4 fittings on each tire and another 3 or 4 about 2 feet in off the passenger side.  I couldn't get to one of them that was way on top, I need to get a different type of head on my gun.  Pump in enough so that the rubber boot if firm, not like at the quick lube places where it's blowing out of it.  Also, take a peak at the one on your steering, the boot on mine is almost off and has lost it's seal, just curious if i'ts something that is just wrong with mine.

I know exactly where each are located.  I have printed out pics.  Just curious how much to pump in.  I also have a real good gun thats not a problem (dad is a mechanic)

Quote: from RyanbabZ71

Westleys bleach stuff.  Dont wanna get it on the rims how do you guys apply? Rag?

I've never used this specific product, but I would just spray in onto a rag and then wipe in on the tires.  Thats what I do with the tire stuff I use when I don't want to get in on my rims.

Grease fittings I plan on lubing the chassis tomorrow (pending rain) i havent done this yet (let dealership do it every 3-4K miles but since they messed up my tire pressure that one time i am doing it now).  I know wherre they are located just how much grease (mobil 1) do i use?

On the ball joints, just use enough grease until the boot feels firm.  On all the other fittings, stop when the old grease starts coming out of the joint.

I can't help ya on the wiper blades, because I don't have any idea what size the new Silverados use.

(Edited by Kansas Kid at 3:06 pm on Aug. 25, 2001)

Just a warning for ya, Ryan.  You will require one hand to hold the flex-tube, one to hold the grease gun and one to pump the action!

There are two fittings that are rather hard to get to.  They point straight up and they happen to be the highest up and close to the motor and stuff.  Can't really get a flex hose onto them real well.  Had to take the truck off the ramps and crank the wheel one way for one and the other way for the other.  Ended up changing them out for 90 degrees fitting, pointing towards the outside.  Am now able to get to them from around the side of the drag-pan.

O.K. as far as wipers go I prefer the winter blades, seem to work alot better, I use em year round.

The grease fittings, if you change oil every 3000 miles I would give each fitting 2-3 pumps of grease. I would feel good about using any brand name grease-Valvoline

Thanks dallas thats what i thought

However i dont think i need new ones.  I bought some spray rainx yesterday.  Last night i was coming home from my gfs grandmas party pouring down rain (bad rain) and i didnt even turn on the wipers the whole way home (50 mile trip)

This stuff is awesome

Looks like most things were answered for you Ryan.  I've been using Wesley's bleach white for about 12 years.  I just spray it on the tire itself and then immidiately scrub it with a brush.  Once I've done the whole tire, just rinse it off the tire/rim.  I've never had a problem with it hurting the rims.  I only do one tire at a time and the stuff is not on there very long either.  As a matter of fact, the tires and wheels are usually still a little wet from rinsing the truck off.  

i used the wesleys today.  This stuff was a disappointment.  Didnt do anything

I went back to my old method (spray on foam for the tread and this turtle wax gel stuff for the wheel makes it shine great)

Quote: from RyanbabZ71 on 9:41 pm on Aug. 26, 2001

i used the wesleys today.  This stuff was a disappointment.  Didnt do anything

I went back to my old method (spray on foam for the tread and this turtle wax gel stuff for the wheel makes it shine great)

Really?!

Did you use only the wesley's?  I use it to clean the tires, but use no touch tire foam after that.  When I scrub the tire with the wesley's and then rise it off, I always have brownish/black dirty water running off of it.  All the brake dust and crap.

i used the wesleys with a small wire brush for the white walls and sprayed some of it on a rag for the black on the tire.  Didnt help at all.

Soapy water and the wire brush works better on the white walls (i did both ways today)

try a small wire brush.  Works great

I washed my dads S-10 today.  He has WOL tires. He drives to a steel mill for work.  Truck gets filthy.  I couldnt even see the letters on the tires.  Wire brush and soapy water turned em white.  Then i used some gel stuff on the tires and they look awesome.  He was even suprised how clean i got em

Archived