Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phat97yukon

How many of ya have block heaters..

Hey just a stupid Question.. How many of ya guys have block heaters in your trucks? and actualy use em.. i have a 97 and doesnt have one, not that im overly worried i made it threw the worst of last winter no problemo, just with a optima redtop and a carstarter..

Hey just a stupid Question..  How many of ya guys have block heaters in your trucks? and actualy use em.. i have a 97 and doesnt have one, not that im overly worried i made it threw the worst of last winter no problemo, just with a optima redtop and a carstarter..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use my block heater every night it goes below -15 C (5 F). I plug it in for 2-3 hours on a timer. It's good for the engine and you get heat a lot quicker.

I use my block heater every night it goes below -15 C (5 F). I plug it in for 2-3 hours on a timer. It's good for the engine and you get heat a lot quicker.

Me too.

I look at that as using Synthetic Oil. May cost a bit more but even if only helps a little its good enough for me. Think of it as preventive maintenance.

:flag:

John

Me too.

I look at that as using Synthetic Oil. May cost a bit more but even if only helps a little its good enough for me. Think of it as preventive maintenance.

:cheers:

John

I've got one...never used it though. It never gets cold enough around Vancouver.

Enjoy the rest of your winter boys! :thumbs:

Later.

Frost plug heaters are great, every vehicle I have had either had one or I put one in. I use Synth too.

Ive got one..............I use it only if its going to get real cold at night.........-15 or more.

I run synthetic as well................costs a bit more but I only change my oil every 10K........and change filter at 5k intervals.......... :D

I plug mine in every night! Even with dual batteries on this buggie it's slow to crank without plugging it in. Other vehicle runs with synthetics "Mobile 1" oil, it doesn't have a block heater.

:seeya::chevy:

I've never used them on my trucks, even here in MN :chevy: I am parked in a garage overnight most of the time, and it usually doesn't get any colder in it than 15. I do have synthetic as well though which helps after being parked outside after a long day's work. :seeya:

I've got 2, the stock block heater and an oil pan heater, using synthetic 0W40 in the winter... it goes down to -40 here in the winter so i can use all the help i can get starting my truck(that and my landlord pays for the electrical bill on the posts in the parking lot).

I have the stock one. Never use it in Vancouver but use it in the Interior when I go up there in the winter. Helps the truck warm up way more quickly.

I have one in truck (basically standard equipment in Canada.... :confused: ).

don't use it though.

But I did replace the stupid 600CCA battery and put in a 1200 CCA. It always turns over and fast, even on the coldest days (-35C).

I only use mine when it gets bellow -15 or so and thats only if I think about pluging it in. :)

-15?? haha i would never plug my tuck in for that...now tonight its gettin to -40 almost...now im plugging it in!!

I got one in my truck but have never used it. Plus I live in Vancouver now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.