Nissan to offer 3/4 and 1 ton Titans, Diesel

you know i have never owned anything but american cars and trucks. and for the last 13 years nothing but chevy cars and trucks and have always loved them but my wife's 02 monte carlo ss. my 02 2500hd has bin not so good to many problems to list and most of the problems gm say's it's normal or they can't duplicate it. and my wife is fed up with chevy and on her next car it will not be american and if nissan ever comes out with a hd 2500 pickup i may jump ship.

i am not bashing gm but the junk they are putting out these day's it's no wonder they are not making money don't get me wrong gm made great cars and trucks up until 2000 or 2001 so if gm look's on this forum please start making car's and truck's the way you use too and stop thinking people are going to keep buying your junk product's.

If you think nissan is so perfect then go to them,every car company has problems including them,a buddy of mine has a nissan titan and has nothing but problems with it but owes to much to get rid of it,one problem he showed me was the inside of the door where the door latch is is starting to rust on both sides and is now in the process of getting it repaired he said it was the bigest POS he has ever owned also a guy at work has the same truck and has front end problems once they replaced the entire front end and now his problems are starting to come back and he is another one that wants to get rid of his also so dont think foreign car makers are perfect.

I love my GMC, but the Titan is a good truck. It's a new model that has some problems that need to be worked out. We all know that the the first GM and Chevy trucks to roll of the assy. line were not flawless by any means. It takes a few years to get things worked out. Besides that the Titan is as American as any Ford or GM product. They are made in Tennessee with American parts by American hands. So to call them Japanese is completely wrong. I'm not saying they are a better truck, but they do deserve a little more credit then people give them. In a few years they will be a d**n good truck. :sigh:

Real trucks are made in North America by North American companies. The Japanese should stick to cars.

I can see your point on light duty trucks, but to act like the Japanese are incapable of making machines capable of heavy duty service is just rediculous. Have you seen Hitachi or Kubota construction equipment before? Isuzu has been making Diesel engines for 75 years now and makes some of the best Diesel engines out there. The Duramax 6.6 L is probably 85% Isuzu-designed.

I love my GMC, but the Titan is a good truck. It's a new model that has some problems that need to be worked out. We all know that the the first GM and Chevy trucks to roll of the assy. line were not flawless by any means. It takes a few years to get things worked out. Besides that the Titan is as American as any Ford or GM product. They are made in Tennessee with American parts by American hands. So to call them Japanese is completely wrong. I'm not saying they are a better truck, but they do deserve a little more credit then people give them. In a few years they will be a d**n good truck. :sigh:

I agree. And competition is good. It is what the American economy is built on and will result in even better GM trucks in the future.

I think I'll stick to my Ford and GM trucks.  I have yet to see a Nissan/Toyota truck last as long as any of my current trucks, and remain trouble free.

I will be going with a Duramax/Allison at some point, :D but Toyota dominates the 1/4 ton market with the Tacoma. Sure, the ones from '80s rusted out but many of those have over 300 kmi on them. You'd never see a Ranger or S10 last that long. PThe Japanese just aren't competitive in the 3/4-1 ton area at all yet...nor in the 1/2 ton arena. The new Titan and Tundra may change this if they can offer more engine/tranny choices and justify their higher prices.

Truth is, GM/Ford/Dodge offer way more configurations for less money.

Real trucks are made in North America by North American companies. The Japanese should stick to cars.

I can see your point on light duty trucks, but to act like the Japanese are incapable of making machines capable of heavy duty service is just rediculous. Have you seen Hitachi or Kubota construction equipment before? Isuzu has been making Diesel engines for 75 years now and makes some of the best Diesel engines out there. The Duramax 6.6 L is probably 85% Isuzu-designed.

Its all Isuzu, and its been 60 years.

i think american made cars last longer then jap made vehicles. I see 20 times more older S-10's on the road then i do old toyotas. And all the toyotas i see are all rusted out. The jap made cars in my opinion are just made like crap. everything in them seems cheap, the door handles, shifter, steering, everything, the metal they use on them seems cheap too. Open up a door on a S-10 and open up a door on a tacoma, the S-10 is 10 times beefier then the tacoma. Ill never buy a tacoma, tundra, titan or any other jap made vehicle, they just seem fruity to me.

I'm on my eight GM truck (in order = 71, 82, 87, 99, 01, 04, 72). I really believe GM has much better product than it had back in the 80's. The reason GM (and frd and Dodge) got better is because of competition from Japan.

I was glad to see Toyota and Nissan roll out "full-size" trucks. It is only going to make the breed stronger. Can't wait until GM rolls out new Silverado's. The new Tahoe's are sweet rides...wife and I test drove one about week ago. She loved it, but can't give up the 0% financing on her 03 Burb.

I'd be happy to see Nissan building a diesel HD style truck. Competition, competition, competition...

How many American truck companies are in financial trouble-Ford, Gm, Chevy. Not the Japenese. Why? Because they stick to their guns and are making a more popular, longer lasting, cheaper product. I love my GM, but the Japanese ideas and philosophies are going to dominate in the next 10 years. If it wasn't for the gov. buying GM's, like the Hummer, to support their armed forces they would have been bankrupt by now. The Japanese are not whoring out trucks to barely stay afloat. They are planning for the long haul. Think about the luxury and dependable cars American manufactors make...Taurus and Impala? Come one those are credit criminal cars, aka, crap for luxury standards. The Japanese-Nissan Maxima and Toyota Camry, are well above the squeak and rattle Ford Contour and Chevy Lumina. Why because they take their time in building their vehicles. They study and learn from others mistakes. It's only a matter of time when Chevy and Ford trucks are more money and less dependable the the Japs. Just like the cars. You may hate this statement, but it's the truth. The only reason I bought American is because the Japs haven't perfected the Heavy duty trucks yet....YET. Now with the Japs ideas behind the American hand and parts the ultimate combination is on it's way. Watch out old timers the future is coming sooner then you think! :D

I agree. But I'd add that a lot of the "cost" of GM's and Ford's trucks is pension costs and costs for an adversarial relationship with the unions. So when Nissan starts making 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, the unions better start worrying. The party's over.

Archived