2006 silverado - gas milage sucks?

mxtb62

You know that old saying, goes something like "the more you know the better off you'll be" well that doesn't apply here.

Drive it and enjoy passing those Fords & Dodges lugging up the hill :D

:cheers:

John

PS. if you must know seems to me I read here about 10 mpg. on the avg.

My neighbor was getting pretty consistant 12 mpg out of the 8.1 in his Avalanche (non Allison trans though)...He drives like a maniac too.

That thing pulled like a train though. VERY nice to drive and ride in.

Welcome to the boards. :cheers:

• 6 years later...

i have a 2006 gmc 2500hd reg cab long box.black on black.8100 zf6 speed manual trans, 4.10 4wd.i get 17.5mpg.it used to get 15mpg .at 55mph it used to rev 1800rpm's.i shift it at 2000rpm.truck really should have been built with 3.73 gears. i was unable to get them with the 6 speed manual.i lowered the cruizeing rpm's with 33.25 inch tires and rims from a hummer h2.then had the speedo recalibrated and is accurate.this lowered cruze rpm's to 1500rpms.allso the truck has a magnaflow 2 in 2 out muffler and dual exhaust. i also switched it to amsoil 5w30 full synthitic .next i want to eliminate the mecanical fan for the electric fans from a 5.3L .and a cam upgrade from comp cams.and roller rockers.id also like to get a gearvenders overdrive.they make one that bolts on the back of the nv261 transfercase.30% overdrive.my goal is to get the big block ov.er 20mpg.i also have a compition pulling truck with a 8100 vortec that i carburted and have reved to 7200rpm stock shortblock.has run for over 3 seasons of pulling and runs over 6800rpms for up to 26 seconds at a time.truck is called Hard Luck and is a black 1987 chevy 4x4.many videos on you tube under "hot stock 4x4" and "inside hardluck"and "superstock lindsay".very tuff motors if anyone wants to know how to get more power and rpms from 8100 you can message me at [email protected]

i have a 2006 gmc 2500hd reg cab long box.black on black.8100 zf6 speed manual trans, 4.10 4wd.i get 17.5mpg.it used to get 15mpg .at 55mph it used to rev 1800rpm's.i shift it at 2000rpm.truck really should have been built with 3.73 gears. i was unable to get them with the 6 speed manual.i lowered the cruizeing rpm's with 33.25 inch tires and rims from a hummer h2.then had the speedo recalibrated and is accurate.this lowered cruze rpm's to 1500rpms.allso the truck has a magnaflow 2 in 2 out muffler and dual exhaust. i also switched it to amsoil 5w30 full synthitic .next i want to eliminate the mecanical fan for the electric fans from a 5.3L .and a cam upgrade from comp cams.and roller rockers.id also like to get a gearvenders overdrive.they make one that bolts on the back of the nv261 transfercase.30% overdrive.my goal is to get the big block ov.er 20mpg.i also have a compition pulling truck with a 8100 vortec that i carburted and have reved to 7200rpm stock shortblock.has run for over 3 seasons of pulling and runs over 6800rpms for up to 26 seconds at a time.truck is called Hard Luck and is a black 1987 chevy 4x4.many videos on you tube under "hot stock 4x4" and "inside hardluck"and "superstock lindsay".very tuff motors if anyone wants to know how to get more power and rpms from 8100 you can message me at [email protected]

Can't find your videos.

Archived