Help! Locked keys in truck!

I feel like a dumbass. :bs:

I don't have a spare set of keys. Is there any way I can manipulate the computer to unlock the doors? If so and you don't want to post it out in the open, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected].

If not, should the parts dept at the dealer be able to look up the key code for my truck and program a key fob for me, or would they have to order a set of keys?

Thanks so much, guys.

Been there done that...Called a locksmith and $75 later i was driving to work..haha

I just called AAA and they contacted the nearest locksmith place and sent a guy out to me.

I dont think your car will have the transponder in the key...Mine doesnt and its an 03 so it should be a pretty low cost replacement because yours isjust a key

You can also go to the dealer and they can make you one based on your VIN

Call Onstar.

Heck yeah, call Onstar. That is one of the privilages and you might as well use it.

Personally, I wouldn't leave home without it, much less get in some of the places in the bush that we hunt.

Steve

After this whole escapade, I might look into getting the system installed, though.

Anybody know any rough prices for an install and the service fees?

Just call a tow company that does lockouts. My parents own one here and we do lockouts for 60 bucks plus tax. We dont use the slim jims as they can set off airbags and/or do damage inside the doors. Theres a newer kit out that uses a plastic shim and an inflatable cuff that goes between the door and the jamb, then you can use a coated metal rod to push inside and unlock. I haven't run across a vehicle I couldn't get in yet. I actually impress myself with the 20-30 seconds it takes to get into some vehicles. Hope this helps. Call around. Different towing companies charge different rates. But....on the bright side, its a lot cheaper than a locksmith.

I dont know if it always works or not, but oneday I was at Wal-mart getting gas and the man next to me locked his keys in his Silverado. He had heard somewhere that other Silverado trucks keys will open the passenger side door, so sure enough I tried it and it worked. The one thing I did notice that it did not work on the driver side.

I dont know if it always works or not, but oneday I was at Wal-mart getting gas and the man next to me locked his keys in his Silverado. He had heard somewhere that other Silverado trucks keys will open the passenger side door, so sure enough I tried it and it worked. The one thing I did notice that it did not work on the driver side.

Was that with the key or remote? My truck doesn't have a keyhole on the passenger side.

Ok...I just tried the passenger door trick. Out of the three trucks here it does'nt work on any of them. I'd be curious if it works for other people. The newest one is an 03 and mine is the oldest.

Archived