Trailer Wiring Colors?

Hey guys...I just bought a third brakelight that goes under my tailgate for my truck....it is cool because it acts as an ID bar, turn signal, brakes,....now i now which wires coming from the new light need to connect to....however, i do not know which wire is for which on the 7 pin trailer hich on my truck...i am going to just splice into those wires....If anyone has any knowledge of which wire is for what (ei blak=ground, blue=brakes) ect. I would really appreciate that!

Hey guys...I just bought a third brakelight that goes under my tailgate for my truck....it is cool because it acts as an ID bar, turn signal, brakes,....now i now which wires coming from the new light need to connect to....however, i do not know which wire is for which on the 7 pin trailer hich on my truck...i am going to just splice into those wires....If anyone has any knowledge of which wire is for what (ei blak=ground, blue=brakes) ect.  I would really appreciate that!

Hey Ari check this website, I've found it useful in the past:

Trailer Wiring Diagrams

And you can always cut each wire and put a light tester on it and go thru left turn, right turn, etc just to be sure but that site above lays out pretty nice.

I looked into the Line Of Fire LED bar underneath. It looks kind of cool on Avalanches but I dont know if I like it on my truck or not. I usually mount LED lights by Maxxima on either a stainless steel or aluminum stock piece and under my tailgate. If I can figure out how to get pictures up, I will put up a picture of my 99. Looks really cool.

I have a 48" line of fire between tailgate and bumper on my 03 Silverado. It comes with 4 pin trailer connector on it. Only having 4 wires on it when I tried hard wiring it I could get parking and left & right turn signals or parking and just brake. Has to do with separate bulbs for brake and turn signals. Anyway, I bought an inline harness that goes between factory harness connector at the 7 pin plug and it has a 4 way hooked in. Just plugged lights in and now they all work. I really like itnow that everything works.

I have a 48" line of fire between tailgate and bumper on my 03 Silverado. It comes with 4 pin trailer connector on it. Only having 4 wires on it when I tried hard wiring it I could get parking and left & right turn signals or parking and just brake. Has to do with separate bulbs for brake and turn signals. Anyway, I bought an inline harness that goes between factory harness connector at the 7 pin plug and it has a 4 way hooked in. Just plugged lights in and now they all work. I really like itnow that everything works.

Can you take some pics of it on and off and post them ? Id like to see it on a truck if you dont mind. Thanks.

Archived