I just thought I'd see what people are using to wash their trucks and since we're on the somewhat same topic...what wax people are using. I've tried several different soaps with different results. Mcquires (spelling?) soap seems to work pretty well for me so far.

I use Meguires soap, NTX Wax, and NXT Spray wax. Partially because that is what I can find locally easy and partially because the stuff works pretty good.

Also, in the spring I go over the truck with claybar, and the porter cable with a light polish and white Lake Country pad.

Doing all that =

1.jpg

If you have access to Duragloss, their car wash is absolutely the best. Part # is 901. You will need to go to a real parts store to find it. They do not sell to Wall Mart or any of the parts retailers. I work for CARQUEST and as far as I know all of our stores accross the country handle it.

Zymol car wash soap and Collinite wax.

The Collinite wax is hard to take off when it drys but it provides unbelivable protection. :sigh:

I use Meguires soap, NTX Wax, and NXT Spray wax. Partially because that is what I can find locally easy and partially because the stuff works pretty good.

Also, in the spring I go  over the truck with claybar, and the porter cable with a light polish and white Lake Country pad.

Doing all that =

1.jpg

That's a sweet truck. Do you have any kind of lift on it? The front looks a little taller than stock.

Zaino , I owned 36 detail shops in the 80's and 90's, we were the largest Meguiar's end user in the US for over 10 years, their products are good, but nothing lasts longer than Zaino. ;)

Mothers for everything on my truck. I have used thier stuff for years and years on my trucks and boats always with great results.

wash, mothers california gold wash

Wax, Mothrs california gold 100% carnuba ( non cleaner)

Leather, mothers leather cleaner and leather conditioner

Protectant for dash etc, Mothers preserves.

Mothers tire care for the rubber.

Archived