want high gloss wet tire look

I've tried oh so many over the years. It's hard for me to pick one. Also, I'm still up in the air regarding sprays vs. gels. I know I liked Formula 2001, but it ran all over the darn place. Lately on a spray I've got this new Dupont Teflon stuff. I had good luck with No Touch aerosol in a purple can(the red can was that foaming cleaner crap which I didn't care for). As for gels, Encurance from Meguiars isn't bad.

I like the Meguires Endurance (regular, not the high gloss stuff). It is a big more of a pain to put on than a spray, but it also lasts a whole lot longer without slinging all over the side of the truck.

And while you are in there, give the fender well linera good wipe with cheapo tire foam or Armor-all. It will help frame up your shiny wheels/tires. :cheers:

Meguiars is my #1

the kind in the metal spray can

armorall sucks looks clean but not shine(good for interior)

eagle 1 sucks (clear spray bottle)

Turtel wax sucks (clear spray bottle)

Black magic same as armorall

Dupont let me down i saw the commercials about dirt and mud and stuff running off your tires and car if you use carwash but it wasnt true. Teflon didnt seem to help. wish i hadnt got the rim cleaner tire spray and car wash and wax that was such a waste

this is in anywere from 55-112 degree weather and the best ive tried that stays on and shines good is Meguiars. If your tire spray is flinging off your tires may just be too worn also. oh yah dont try Pam or spray baking oil it shines like crazy but flings off onto your fenders

ive wasted my money on lots of products now i just spend $5.49 for Meguiars. Good car was is RainX along with window spray....it really does make rain run off

I used to use this stuff calle "Wet & Black" o r "Black & Wet". I forget which it was...

You applied it with a sponge, and it did the best job of keeping the tires wet, and it smelled really good (Kind of like grape koolaid). When I lived in the city, I found that it worked far better than any of the spray on stuff.

I drive about 60 miles of dirt roads every day now, so I don't use it anymore. I'm doing good if my tires aren't brown :cheers:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I use Meguiars in the metal spray can. I used to own an auto detail shop about 9 years ago. The stuff we used was called "super blue". It was professional grade and would last for a very long time. I have been looking for something as good when I can't get my hands on this stuff. Meguiars in the metal can is by far the closest thing I can get to this stuff. I look for longevity. Also, make sure the tires are clean before applying. IE scrubbing, bleach white, etc. Makes a big difference in the look.

I put some on last week and we had tons of rain for two days after I applied the Meguiars. The tires still have some gloss on it 7 days later.

• 2 weeks later...
I use a product called just once on my bike...  www.justonce.com

Hmm, I had to check that link after seeing you say you use it on your bike. It says non-slick, but I'd be very concerned about using that on motorcycle tires as it shows in the picture. I wish it said if it was petroleum based or not on their page.

I use the armor all spray (black and orange can). I have a plastic shield I use to cover the wheels before I spray. I spray them down then after 15 min take a shop rag and wipe it down. The result is pictured

IM002013.jpg

IM002013.jpg

IM002013.jpg

IM002013.jpg

Archived