Output air temp of Air conditioner

Does anybody know what the out put air temp is on at GMC 2005 P/U.

Specific to a Sierra 2005 crew cab would be great. My truck coming home the other day was full tilt on. Did not get to the point of having to turn it off MAX cool after 50 mile driving. (85 outside air).

Thanks in advance

Does anybody know what the out put air temp is on at GMC 2005 P/U.

Specific to a Sierra 2005 crew cab would be great. My truck coming home the other day was full tilt on. Did not get to the point of having to turn it off MAX cool after 50 mile driving. (85 outside air).

Thanks in advance

There are LOTs of varibles here? THere is not set temp drop because it depends on humidity and tempature of air and its density (altitude). ALso, GM never really shuts heater off as the core is always hot and some of this heat can leak in if the air routing doors are not closing properly. First step here is to get a pressure check done on A/C and if it is under warranty, take it to the dealer for this and do it on a hot day too.

last year I was told 49ºF at the vent was with in spec from the dealer. This would have been on a 85ºF-90ºF day. All manuals I have consulted say 35ºF-40ºF below outside ambient temp is normal operation (except on a cool outside day). My truck is spitting out 49ºF on the drivers side vents and 52ºF on the passenger side ones on a 90ºF-95ºF day.

Jansen

Archived