Removing the spark plugs

I've heard that though these suv's come with 100k plugs, the plugs should be removed before then (maybe even replaced) to prevent the threads of the aluminum head from disintegrating. Whether or not this is true, I don't want to take a chance so I'm going to pull mine and add a touch of anti seize to each the plugs threads as a preventative measure. Has anyone else done this and if so, did you run into any problems or was it a straightfwd kind of job? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

I've heard that though these suv's come with 100k plugs, the plugs should be removed before then (maybe even replaced) to prevent the threads of the aluminum head from disintegrating.  Whether or not this is true, I don't want to take a chance so I'm going to pull mine and add a touch of anti seize to each the plugs threads as a preventative measure.  Has anyone else done this and if so, did you run into any problems or was it a straightfwd kind of job?  Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks.

It's pretty straight forward. You must remove the cover from the throttle body. The 4.2 is a coil-on-plug engine. On the cam cover there is a cover for each plug to be removed by taking out the bolts. The coil and rubber boot are removed from the plug. It can then be removed like any other plug. Anti seize is a good idea as is some dielectric grease on the inside of the boot when you reinstall.

Archived