Installed Magnaflow exhaust

Here's some pics of my 2006 Sierra with Magnaflow 15778 cat back. Purchased from TByrnemotorsports. Great product, price, and service! Thanks

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j278/Bri...flow%20Exhaust/

Brian

Brian,

I've been looking at this exact system for my '06 Z71 but have held off because I'm afraid I will lose a noticeable amount of low end torque. My truck is bone stock and has the 3.42 gears. If you could share your "seat of the pants" impressions of the system that would be great. Do you think you lost any low end torque? Please let us know.

Ed

I don't notice any difference in power. Feels the same as before.

There's a drone around 2000 rpm when you're on the gas, but nothing annoying. Cruising down the highway 65-70mph it almost sounds stock. It had a really really nice sound.

Install was super easy. The hardest part was wrestling the old system out because I kept it as 1 piece.

Brian

i installed mine about 2 weeks ago now....little interior resonance at about 2000rpm like he said but nothing annoying...

As far as power....i feel like my get up and go is actually a little quicker. However, i feel like my going from 50 to 75 speed went down the drain?

There's a drone around 2000 rpm when you're on the gas, but nothing annoying. Cruising down the highway 65-70mph it almost sounds stock. It had a really really nice sound.

Install was super easy. The hardest part was wrestling the old system out because I kept it as 1 piece.

Brian

I don't get it. Power pretty much the same, there's a drone that was not present in the stock system. Sound :confused: The Stock system sounds pretty good to me. I'm pretty much satisfied with the stock system; I did weld on a stainless tip (one from my car actually) the pipe ODs were pretty much the same. The stock system is stainless. Why do this?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against modifying. My car is a heavily modified G35 Coupe. Headers, exhaust, intake mods, ECU reprogrammed. But all that stuff added up to about 30 more horses on the dyno. To me, these mods made sense.

I've look at the exhaust on my Sierra, the "Y" looks well designed, the pipes are large diameter, it sounds good, there is no drone, and I don't see much horse power coming from the after market. Again - WHY :mad:

Lou

Brian

I don't get it. Power pretty much the same, there's a drone that was not present in the stock system. Sound :confused: The Stock system sounds pretty good to me. I'm pretty much satisfied with the stock system; I did weld on a stainless tip (one from my car actually) the pipe ODs were pretty much the same. The stock system is stainless. Why do this?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against modifying. My car is a heavily modified G35 Coupe. Headers, exhaust, intake mods, ECU reprogrammed. But all that stuff added up to about 30 more horses on the dyno. To me, these mods made sense.

I've look at the exhaust on my Sierra, the "Y" looks well designed, the pipes are large diameter, it sounds good, there is no drone, and I don't see much horse power coming from the after market. Again - WHY :mad:

Lou

Looking at those pics it looks like the stock pipes would flow better due to how they are bent. Less sharp bends. Other than the muffler It looks like the factory would flow better.

But sound wise I'm sure, stock<aftermarket

Brian

Lou

I have to agree kind of with this post todays exhaust system are very well designed and there is really not much a aftermarket will do except give you a louder exhaust note.After doing it to my zr2 by the time i traded it, i was about to go to minekie(sp?) and put on a bone stock exhaust because i was just plain sick of the interior noise level with the aftermarket.There is just not enough sound deadning material to help out and the interior drone was just plain annoying after a couple years.Mabey down the road but it makes no sense to rip something out that is really just as good as what you would put back in.

• 3 weeks later...

Today's OEM/factory exhausts are very well made and flow quite nicely along with most being made from stainless steel.

Dyno tests more often than not show little to no gains from aftermarket cat back exhausts other than a better exhaust note and more noise(drone or resonance) inside the cabin.

And YOUR runnin' Zoomers? Now I don't understand :cool:

Yes I am and I now have a much better exhaust note :D vs. stock.

I have not noticed any increased MPG's or increased/loss of HP from this upgrade which is exactly the statement I made in my post above :D

Archived