Just bought 06 Silverado

The colorado was fun to drive. Had 5spd standard trans with inline 5. Was orange. I don't think the build quality of the colorados is that great though. It spent the first two months in the shop because the dealership could not find a water leak in the dash. Also, when I traded it in it had 10k on it and the trans was making a scraping noise in 4th gear that was awefull. I did not like anyone riding with me cuz the first thing they would ask is...... "Whats that noise". Honestly, that truck was just temperary until I got what I wanted. Check this out......The sticker on the silverado said $30,733. I got it for a little under $23,000 with rebates and supplier discount. 31 miles on it. Of course I was upside down 5k, so brought me back up to 28k financed.....but well worth it!!!!! My silverado has its own phone number!!!!! Locking 3.73!!!! 5.3v8!!!! HD towing package......goes on and on!!!!

The colorado was fun to drive.  Had 5spd standard trans with inline 5.  Was orange.    I don't think the build quality of the colorados is that great though.  It spent the first two months in the shop because the dealership could not find a water leak in the dash.  Also, when I traded it in it had 10k on it and the trans was making a scraping noise in 4th gear that was awefull.  I did not like anyone riding with me cuz the first thing they would ask is...... "Whats that noise".  Honestly,  that truck was just temperary until I got what I wanted.    Check this out......The sticker on the silverado said $30,733.  I got it for a little under $23,000 with rebates and supplier discount.  31 miles on it.  Of course I was upside down 5k, so brought me back up to 28k financed.....but well worth it!!!!!    My silverado has its own phone number!!!!!  Locking 3.73!!!! 5.3v8!!!! HD towing package......goes on and on!!!!

I was just in that same boat. I had an 05 Mazda 3 that I traded in on an 06 Silverado. I really missed the truck I had before the car, so I decided to eat the negative and get what I really wanted. I love my new truck too! Mine is also the 1LT trim, 2wd, really nice trucks especially with the gms discount and the amount of money in rebates. Just thought I would chime in with my 2 cents since I am new around here.

I traded in my 2005 Mazda 3s as well for an 06 CC GMC SLT (everything but moonroof and navi) 4x2....... I don't recall what I was upside down exactly...... but the purchase price of the truck with a sticker of $37,00 was $29,000 and after the trade-in, tax and title my loan was $33,500........ I am happy...... I wish I didn't go with leather....... domestice leather sucks.... and i can already see how quick it will wear.... it's okay, I tend to only hold on to vehices for 2 years.....I too got rid of the Mazda 3 becasue I miised my previous Chevy truck....... :seeya:

me too. had a 00 S10 i traded on my Sierra. After all the discounts and my Gm card savings the truck was 21500. The sticker was 33.5K. Then they gave me 7500 for my trade so i left with a nre truck for 15000. I ripped them off :seeya:

Got this truck cheaper then my 00 S10

I traded in my 2005 Mazda 3s as well for an 06 CC GMC SLT (everything but moonroof and navi) 4x2....... I don't recall what I was upside down exactly...... but the purchase price of the truck with a sticker of $37,00 was $29,000 and after the trade-in, tax and title my loan was $33,500........ I am happy...... I wish I  didn't go with leather....... domestice leather sucks.... and i can already see how quick it will wear.... it's okay, I tend to only hold on to vehices for 2 years.....I too got rid of the Mazda 3 becasue I miised my previous Chevy truck....... :seeya:

Congrats guys.

But honestly I don't know how you guys do it, $30K truck loans! If I can't buy it outright or write it off toward a business, I don't do it. I'm just too cheap!

Good luck with the trucks.

Steady income but have wife and two children to take care of. Make good steady income....but would take me years of driving maintaining junk vehicles to save up enough money to buy a 30k truck. Life is too short.....might as well get it now if I can afford the payments..... just my 2 cents. :seeya:

I traded in my 2005 Mazda 3s as well for an 06 CC GMC SLT (everything but moonroof and navi) 4x2....... I don't recall what I was upside down exactly...... but the purchase price of the truck with a sticker of $37,00 was $29,000 and after the trade-in, tax and title my loan was $33,500........ I am happy...... I wish I  didn't go with leather....... domestice leather sucks.... and i can already see how quick it will wear.... it's okay, I tend to only hold on to vehices for 2 years.....I too got rid of the Mazda 3 becasue I miised my previous Chevy truck....... :seeya:

Congrats guys.

But honestly I don't know how you guys do it, $30K truck loans! If I can't buy it outright or write it off toward a business, I don't do it. I'm just too cheap!

I agree. The interest just isn't worth it to me. Payments are definately not the way for me either...rebates are no good if you end up spending more than sticker price in the end anyway.

Wish I was that lucky.....Nice truck carneyman! I bought my wifes 2002 Malibu with cash right after my first child was born. I will be able to buy vehicles without financing in a few years when my wife is working again....can't wait.....cuz I do hate those payments!!!! :seeya:

Congrats guys.

It's not just buying the truck. On top of it is full coverage insurance and high fuel costs due to high fuel consumption of these vehicles.

I will never finance a car or truck again. I will simply wait until I have enough cash to pay for a new one.

Wish I was that lucky.....Nice truck carneyman!  I bought my wifes 2002 Malibu with cash right after my first child was born.  I will be able to buy vehicles without financing in a few years when my wife is working again....can't wait.....cuz I do hate those payments!!!!  :seeya:

Thank ya. No luck involved...saved for 4 years, bought my 99 z71 when I was a sophomore in HS, had it for a year in college, then the tranny went out (well over 100,000 miles too) 5 days before I went back. Had just enough money saved for my '02, fixed the 99 and sold it. I was broke for a while, but worth being able to say that it was mine, not the banks!!

Archived