New pics of new Silvy - Motor Trend

For some reason the rear bed doesnt look like it buldges as much as in the other photos. Those pics look slightly better. I still dont like the giant bowtie in the middle of the tailgate. They copied ford on this one :) I seen the new avalanches have it also :cheers:

I see they added a trans temp gauge. Looks like motor trend actually likes it kinda rare.

Cant wait to see one hopefully they are better than what I fear they will be like

For some reason the rear bed doesnt look like it buldges  as much as in the other photos.  Those pics look slightly better.  I still dont like the giant bowtie in the middle of the tailgate.  They copied ford on this one :)  I seen the new avalanches have it also :cheers:

I see they added a trans temp gauge.  Looks like motor trend actually likes it kinda rare.

Cant wait to see one hopefully they are better than what I fear they will be like

That won't take but ten minutes to shave off and discard/relocate =). I do like the fenders on the GMC, hoping the GMC RC/LB will have a good shape to it.. don't particularly care for either front end though..

I'm very disapointed that GM chose to keep the 4.3L V-6 in there its time for that engine to die and go away (as reliable and great as it has been, it's yesterday's news) They should have put in the I-5 or better yet made the 4.8L as the base engine and do away with the 6. It took a few min but the front end on the Silverado and Sierra are starting to grow on me, a little. I like the rest of the styling, the steering wheel looks a little questionable.... I'm worried about the transmissions though, they say a 6 speed transmission, sounds like a failure waiting to happen at around 140,000 miles...

Yea,Lookin' at those pictures plus with me working at a dealership and seeing them everyday I'll have one for sure! :cheers:

It'll be a Black Ext.Cab Short-Bed Z71 for sure :)

Honestly i like it, the dash pics look good. I do not like the look of the crew cab (i never have) but honestly the extended cab looks really good and i think after 3 or 4 years to work the inevitable bugs out i will seriously considet the GMC. and it has Coil over so the Torsion bar may be dead forever R.I.P. Torsion bars

I'm very disapointed that GM chose to keep the 4.3L V-6 in there its time for that engine to die and go away (as reliable and great as it has been, it's yesterday's news) They should have put in the I-5 or better yet made the 4.8L as the base engine and do away with the 6.  It took a few min but the front end on the Silverado and Sierra are starting to grow on me, a little.  I like the rest of the styling, the steering wheel looks a little questionable....  I'm worried about the transmissions though, they say a 6 speed transmission, sounds like a failure waiting to happen at around 140,000 miles...

The 4.3 is a good option. One of the most dependable motors on the market and its great those who don't tow a lot and just need some bed space. I wouldn't be totally against the I5 except its just wierd for anything not in V config to be in a full size truck.

You really think the 6L80-E is gonna be any less than any other tranny. I look for another great tranny. Plus...if you can get 140k out of a tranny I think it did pretty good.

140K may have been ok in the older days but not in this day and age. Not when trucks are costing $32,000+ and a tranny rebuild will be costing $3000-4000. There are other makers getting 200,000+ on their truck transmissions, I'd like to see better quality parts on GM trucks that in turn will lead to higher resale and better reliability ratings.

140K may have been ok in the older days but not in this day and age.  Not when trucks are costing $32,000+ and a tranny rebuild will be costing $3000-4000.  There are other makers getting 200,000+ on their truck transmissions, I'd like to see better quality parts on GM trucks that in turn will lead to higher resale and better reliability ratings.

I agree with you for the most part. Except 140k (or really anything north of 100k) is a lot of miles. I'd say the vast majority of truck owners won't keep them anywhere near that long.

I hit 200k this afternoon and I thats a pretty rare find.

I still say 6L80-E will prove to be a solid tranny. What reason do we have to believe it won't be?

Archived