Warranty coverage?

I have a 2004 Yukon and approx. 7 months ago I took the vehicle in for a strange noice coming from the front. It ended up being the transfer case bearings were galled and they had to replace the gearset bearings and reseal the case. I have no idea what that is, I am just repeating what is on the paperwork they gave me.

Now my question, I am hearing a similar noice but I have 37,000 miles so I am out of the factory warranty. As anyone had experience with GM fixing a repeat problem even though the vehicle is out of the warranty period?

I spoke with my local service manager and he said it is GM's call. If I bring the vehicle in they will determine what the problem is and call GM to see if they will cover it. I realize if it is something different they will not cover anything, but if it is the same problem I would hope they cover it.

So do you think I am SOL either way?

Mark

There IS a good chance that if it is same problem they will cover their own work. All depends on the dealer and the GM zone rep. I had an issue about ten years that I brought in right before 36k miles. I was told if the problem came back to bring it back in even if I was over 36 and they would take care of it. Didn't have to take them up on the offer.

If the dealer gives you tough time I would ask for the zone managers number.

Good Luck

I always buy the GM extended warrenty and have never had an issue with them. Best part is if i keep past the 3 years 36000 mi and want to sell out right its a selling point but if i trade it in and havent used the warrenty i get back most of my premum by turning it in before the warrenty expires.

Chevrolet made a courtesy repair on my truck after it was 3 years old but only had about 10,000 miles on it. GM Goodwrench dealer repairs carried a 12 month, 12,000 mile nationwide warranty the last time I was getting estimates. Maybe the fact that yours was already a factory warranty repair affects this. On a repair that was made only 7 mos. ago, Chevrolet or the dealer should bear the cost of making the repair again with no charge to you. If they won't, there should be information with your warranty about how to reslove a dispute.

Archived