Event Data Recorder in 2006 chevy trucks?

stoopstroop

Question

0 answers to this question

So, does this mean it records the speed signal also....let's say doing 65mph in a 55mph area when the accident occurs.....the insurance company gets hold of some of this info, they'll deny claims due to reckless driving....no?. Gotta face it folks....we all speed a little...some more than others.

Onstar is capable of the same thing, as well as vehicle tracking.
:cheers::dupe: ...I gotta laugh....in my travels to work, I loose both Cell signal and my XM Radio signal.....OnStar has already failed me when I needed them....they couldn't see where I was nor talk to me....Big Brother has a blind spot and I found it

Where is that? I want to move there.

Onstar is capable of the same thing, as well as vehicle tracking.
:rolleyes::cheers: ...I gotta laugh....in my travels to work, I loose both Cell signal and my XM Radio signal.....OnStar has already failed me when I needed them....they couldn't see where I was nor talk to me....Big Brother has a blind spot and I found it

The air bag Sensing and Diagnostic Module only stores a snapshot of the second an air bag deployment occurs...it records every parameter in every module at that time...no way to legally remove it...and i dont recommend removal because all of your modules communicate with each other and when the others dont see the sdm flags go up everywhere...and by the way it is illegal! DONT DRIVE SO FAST MANIAC!

Does anyone know if/and what chevy trucks have the Event Data Recorders? They tell police, insurance and vechicle makers how fast, steering wheel movement and how hard brakes were applied in wrecks?

How can they be removed?

This is a function of the air bag module (SDM), it's not a separate thing. It records when there's an air bag deployment. You can remove it by removing the SDM, but then you have no air bags.

Archived