If I change oil myself will it void my warranty?

Post the name of the dealership so people know who to avoid.

Like above, just keep all your recipiets of oil and foilter purchases. I have a manila envelop I keep in the glove box, that I just throw any reciept into.

My salesman said I cannot change my own oil or it will void the warranty. Is this true or is the dealership just trying to get every dime out of me that they can? I prefer to do all work I can on my own vehicles. Thanks in advance.

BS

As stated, save your reciepts just in case, but there is no issue changing your own oil :)

Just don't forget to lube the zerk fittings or have them done locally :D

My salesman said I cannot change my own oil or it will void the warranty. Is this true or is the dealership just trying to get every dime out of me that they can? I prefer to do all work I can on my own vehicles. Thanks in advance.

BS

As stated, save your reciepts just in case, but there is no issue changing your own oil :D

Just don't forget to lube the zerk fittings or have them done locally :crackup:

I also agree the salesman is full o the crud. Not to highjack the thread, but does anyone know if the GMT-900's kept grease zerks with the front end? This has been one of the selling points of GM over other brands for me with 800 trucks. I like knowing there's grease in suspension parts and not relying on sealed for life components.

vroten :lurk:

I also agree the salesman is full o the crud.  Not to highjack the thread, but does anyone know if the GMT-900's kept grease zerks with the front end?  This has been one of the selling points of GM over other brands for me with 800 trucks.  I like knowing there's grease in suspension parts and not relying on sealed for life components.

vroten :lurk:

They put the fuel filter in the gas tank half way through the 1999 to 2006 Silverados. I don't know if they did away with them, but I am betting they did...

As a GMC Salesman:

Go ahead and change your own oil, just keep records. service techs will be able to tell if you are changing your oil or not. And you have to make sure to use the correct oil.

That is actually total BS and quite contradictory to what GM is startign to do. The design for the new Cobalt/G5 vehicles actually makes it easier for people to change their own oil.

Archived