So long 1500...  I bought a 2500HD

The truck was delivered this morning...  my salesman called when they got it off the hauler, so I went over this afternoon to check it out...

It's a beautiful crewcab short bed 4x4 with the LT package and the 6.0L.  The color is pewter with the graphite leather interior (identical to my Silverado) so my fiberglass cap and catchall floor mats and BedRug will swap right on the HD.

I should get it Friday if the credit union gets the paper work done tomorrow.  My wife hasn't even seen it yet, but she says as long as it isn't too obvious that I got a new truck then she is OK with it...  Most people will see it and look a little funny at it because it is bigger than my 1/2 ton, but for the most part I'll be able to at least fool the people who aren't real observant...

I'll post a picture when I get a chance!!!  I can't wait!!!

(Edited by Shaners at 5:55 pm on June 27, 2001)

Congrats, Shaners!!  Not too many feelings like bringing home that new truck.  Hope it takes good care of ya'! :biggrin:  Can't wait to see the pics, CC SB, I think that may be my next move too.   Keep us updated!

(Edited by DigUout at 4:03 pm on June 27, 2001)

Now that's cool Shaners.  CC and all.  I know you can't wait to take that big boy for a ride.  With the LT, you got it well equipped.  That really saves some bucks using your same mats and cap.

Congrats and post some pics when you get the time.

Congrats:)shaners looking forward to the pictures. Sounds like a great truck but the color for some odd ball reason im not a fan of the lt pewter on the silverado trucks but  on the new trailbazers it look awesome. I guess im just a weird person lol.

Shaners,

Congrats,  once you get used to the Crew Cab you'll never know how you did without it before.  I'm interested to know if you had your cap sprayed to match the pewter on your 1/2 ton and how it will compare to the pewter on the HD.  Seems like if I see a couple of pewter trucks parked together one always looks a "bit" darker or lighter than the other one.  Let us know how the cap looks once you get it on.

Keep it between the lines,

BIG BLUE

I actually like the light pewter for the simple fact that it shows no dirt at all.  I don't like the fact that there are a gazillion pewter trucks on the road.

I parked my Silverado next to the HD yesterday, and the paint looked close.  But when I ordered my cap from Leer, I had 5 colors of pewter to choose from.  If it doesn't match-up, the dealer just installed a ?K paint matching computer, and he said he'd paint it for ?.

Archived