How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

2009 (Built September '09) and I've only put 24,000 on it :lol:

The only slight issue I've had in that time is a taillight harness that corroded, replaced under warranty. My drivers side window is noisy when opening so maybe I'll take it in to look at that. Other than that I love this truck... minus the gas mileage.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 260,000 on my "99" 2500 with no internal problems. What I thought was a "cold knock" turned out to be broken exaust manifold bolts. A water pump and alternator were the only other problems. I pull a 5th wheel camper on a regular basis and have no problem going anywhere in the lower 48 with no wories. Keep the oil changed and it will last a long time. I drive an "06 HD2500 for work with 220,000 and never had anything but oil changes. In my opinion it is a great engine! One intresting note is the "99" 4X4 gets much better gas mileage than the "06"

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has 88k and a friend of mine had 240k before he sold it. And I can tell you he wasn't easy on it at all. Most of its life consisted of frequent beat downs, and never skipped a beat. His truck was what sold me on the 6.0. Next truck will be a duramax though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just about to 115000 on my 03 1500HD with the 6.0. I've always changed the oil with about 10% left on the Oil Live Monitor with Castrol GTX 5W-30, and then send a sample off for a used oil analysis. Never had a bad analysis come back and never used more than 1/2 quart of oil over each of the approximate 6000 mile oil change intervals. The truck runs like a champ. I love it. The only engine related problem that has come up was a leaking intake manifold gasket that I had to have replaced about 5 months ago (around 105K miles), but that only set me back about $110.

The fuel pump squeals like a stuck pig (I'm on my 2nd pump), I'm about to replace the gauge cluster for the second time, and the stupid intermediate steering shaft knock comes around every 1 1/2 years or so, but as hard as I use this thing, it's pretty hard to complain. :)

The 01 2500 I just sold had 221,019. Maintained it properly, drove it easy, drove it hard, towed, traveled, commuted, and never had it apart. Pennzoil 5w-30 all it's life. Transmission never apart serviced twice at 100k and 200k. Firm shifts. Guy at work just bought it to turn into plow truck. Drivetrain solid, rockers and cab corners gone. Otherwise very happy owner.

I just traded my 03 2500hd ext cab lt 6.0 with a 168500 miles on it.

Water pump at 100k

Front wheel bearings twice 80k and 130k

Wheel sensors at 130k

Fuel pump at 150k

Never had the cold start knock

Did have 2 broken exh manifold bolts that were never an issue

Transfer case leak (pump run) at 120k (patched)

Currently needs rear main seal and driver seat leather/ foam was falling apart

Truck was great to me, it was awesome!

Not gonna miss too much considering the new one is a 2011 3500hd, cc, lb, LTZ srw 4x4 duramax