How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

158,000 then the oil pump went when I was on the expressway.... never had a cold nock. has almost 3 thousand on the new one! :thumbs:

now if you want to get into the 4l80E... that started slipping 300miles after the motor rebuild.. :banghead: but shes fixed now!

Edited by Tyler Hogsten

• 1 month later...

86,000 on my 04 2500HD. The lifters are noisy all the time buy other than that it has been reliable. At least the powertrain has been reliable. The brake lines rusted through, fuel lines and trans cooler lines are all rusty and the doors leak. But other than that it's not too bad.

• 1 month later...

Probably gonna jinx myself by posting this...I have 129000 miles on my 2004. I've only put 5500 miles on since Dec.2009, when I started using an HHR Panel as my daily driver (120miles roundtrip 5x a week). Gas savings paid for the HHR. No engine problems at all. Changed plugs and wires at 100000 (made it run rough for a day). Other problems: transmission started "hunting" on deceleration down hills at 70k (fixed with tranny solenoids upgrade), overloading the bed and towing too much at the same time weakened the leaf springs (using overload shocks to compensate now), once or twice a year, the A/C blend door actuator will squeal as it moves when the A/C is started (has only blown hot twice though, I can live with that!), and since I park it facing uphill for long periods of time without using it, the torque converter empties itself, then shudders on start-up. Oh Yeah, it used to have the steering death wobble, but clamping a u-bolt on the upper plastic bearing, and changing to a Rancho steering stabilizer made that problem go away (after 8 years of constant re-lubing the intermediate shaft splines). My wife wants me to trade in the truck, since we have two other cars (Chevelle race car not included), and a '98 GMC in great shape, but if it ain't broke, why trade it! it might outlive me. Now to decide whether to get a 4x4 also??

Edited by working on it

Frankinstien 2500 Silverado. (2000) New 3 door body, old 1500 frame, new 2500 suspension. And whatever else GM had mix and match to stick a 6.0 drivetrain in it. Like its one year only driveshaft.

Love the truck - hate the 3 doors and hard to find mix matched parts.

Anyway - 178,597 miles. Cold knock since I got with 126K. New tranny at 126K. Rear end, leaf spings, hangers and drive shaft at 140K. (Son slid sideways into a parking lot light pole that had a large concrete base. You know the ones. Still not too happy about that one.) :driving::nonod: Only good news was it didn't do any body damage and he had just gotten his income tax check. $$$

Edited by rfehler

2001 2500 (non HD) with just over 261,000. I bought it with 100,000 already on it. Cold knock from day 1, but has never got worse. Runs like a champ everyday. All original (except the mandatory GM fuel pump replacement at 150,000... :nopity: ).

almost to 107k on the 6.0 in 2006 gmc 2500hd no knocks, leaks or smoke change the oil every 3-4k miles even though i use synthetic, just cant make myself go longer than that lol

4l80e lost 3rd and 4th at 94k but i think that was 6 years of abuse from the company i bought it from, when it was pulled it had a nice thick layer of basically concrete covering it lol so i think it cooked itself to death

axles still have the factory juice in it as does the tcase although i am about to change that soon as i have time

Edited by cjb321

• 1 month later...