How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

On the original motor and trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to my knowledge yes, but lord knows i only just got the truck. but i saw nothing on a carfax or any signs anything has been tampered with, original owner until well over 300k

We have a 2004 Silverado 2500HD, 4 doors: 2 suicide, 6.0 engine, 4.10 gears.

Flat bed with headache rack. 185,000 mi. 17 mpg best ( 65 mph), 13 mpg worst (stop and go traffic). We have owned it for 5000 mi.

Used to be a welders truck, I can tell where he cut off the welder and boxes. He must have taken great care of it. The interior is near perfect. ( might have come from a boneyard complete.) It starts easily, runs quietly, and pulls our 5er like it was a utility trailer. Hauls a ton of spent grain or fertilizer like it wasn't there. And it rides great while doing all of this. Previous truck was a F250.

We do so much haul and tow, a 1500 wouldn't be happy at our house.

Edited by 4bycamper
  • Like 1

I just pulled my injectors yo check a bogging issue and found a couple stuck ones and gunky nasty stuff caked in them all, other than that the truck is pretty much unmolested and I believe most parts are unreplaced other than maintenance items, I am super happy with this thing even with the high mileage, just rolled 358k!

The interior other than the drivers seat is literally flawless, very strange for the miles.

Edited by oldsman003
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The #2 cam bearing spun and chewed up the block at 55,000 miles on my 2004 2500 Crew Cab 4x4.

These 6.0L look impressive. Except for mine. No one panic because I believe and everyone that I have spoke with in the past week believes that this a rare unseen before issue.

I contacted GM and voiced my complaint about the spun cam bearing on my 55k mile Silverado on Jan 18th and today I received a call from GM .

I am considering myself fortunate that we had come up with a resolution that I can be happy with. Considering all variables that were involved with this entire situation they are going to discard the $863 that I owe them and Pay 50% of the total cost of a new complete GM engine and installation.

My truck was beyond the warranty period (19k past warranty), I am the second owner of this truck, I did not purchase this truck from a GM dealership and I have no proof except for my word that this truck was maintained properly so I am happy that GM and Dan Hemms Sidney, Ohio was able to determine that this annomally was rare and was not caused by myself or the previous owner of this truck and they were going to stand behind their product. Thanks for putting confidence in GM products back into this consumer!

Thanks Charlie and Donna for being professional during this process.

If you view the "Silverado Low Oil Pressure" post in the full size light duty board you can follow this whole process on this issue that I just dealt with.

• Like 1

my mechanic's 6.0 had same problem spun cam bearing and installed a remanufactured engine. My 2009 2500 HD appears to have a bad lifter at 97K been running mobil 1 its whole life maintained by myself. What a disappointment have a back up 1999 5.7 with almost 300k never even had a valve cover off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2004 Silverado 2500HD ext cab, long bed 4X4 6.0 has appox.108K miles on it.

First off, I absolutely love this truck, and plan to keep it forever! It has never seen snow, and has no rust.

Out of all the GM vehicles I've owned, it's one of the best!

With that said, the engine light is a thorn in my side, with sensors constantly going bad!

The engine and trans are original, but the trans TCM went bad around 50K. I just had to replace the knock sensors again for a second time!

Except for the electronics, the truck runs really strong, no engine knock, doesn't use a drop of oil between oil changes, and I think the powertrain will last at least another 100K!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

04 Silverado 4X4 2500HD Extended Cab 4 door with 6.0L gasoline not the natural gas model. so far I have over 184,000 miles on it with NO problems. It does not have a cold start knock either as reported by some. I just keep the oil changed regularly. My only problem with it is that it only gets 12 mpg. I wish someone could tell me how to get better mileage out of it. I hate to think of what it is going to get when pulling my new travel trailer.

Has anyone had a problem with the driver side window switch going bad? All other switches in the box work perfectly. I didn't say in my earlier post that I am the second owner of the truck and it is a Florida truck with absolutely no rust at all, not even on the frame. Also can anyone tell me if any of the recalls are still active for this truck? Oh yeah all of the service records for this truck were reported to car fax, which is why I bought it to start with. I see ppl are getting 16 mpg on this truck, HOW. I'm only getting 12 with a new air filter. It drops to 10 when the filter needs cleaning or replacing. I could handle 12 if it was when pulling or in the city but 12 on the highway really does stink. I know there is something I can do about it, save buying a new truck, but what?

I really do appreciate this site. It has a lot of great info, wish I found it before now. Thanks guys!